there is not enough space to open up? for example, if the phone is in small box with the exact dimensions of the phone without a space for the camera, or if you hold the phone in the front side and put it strongly tight to the wall? will it use maximum force trying to open until the camera will break down or bend? or the sensors are smart enough to avoid from opening the camera in situation like that?
    when i put fingers on the camera location and try to holding it from opening with light force it still opens when i open the selfie camera on so i'm not sure if the sensors really know when it should try to open and when it's better to not try because the camera will break.. also if you put a little force on it will it close like a cd-rom that is closed when you push it a little bit or will it stay opened not matter what you try?
    07-21-2019 01:16 AM
    I think the only opening protection is if the phone senses a physical shock - then it closes the popup. Otherwise, if it's in a small box and you get the camera to "pop up", it will keep trying until the battery dies.
    07-21-2019 03:50 PM
    I actually got the courage to try it by myself and when i put it in a box it tries for a moment to open the camera but then it closed and show message that something is blocking the camera. also nothing bad happened to the camera when i pushed it a little bit to close. So the pop-up camera was built very well and there is no reason to worry about it.
    Rukbat likes this.
    07-21-2019 04:35 PM
    I was initially concerned about the thickness of the Mi 9T (8.8mm) due to the pop up but in reality it’s identical to any phone with a protective case on (e.g Spigen).
    07-28-2019 10:40 PM