Please suggest a trustworthy open source custom ROM to install on Mi 4

vikram112

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Xiaomi Mi 4 phone. android version is 7.1.2 and my phone manufacturer is not likely to release android 8 update for my model. So i plan to install android 8 or 8.1 using custom ROM (for running some corporate apps) and not interested in android 9.
Please let me know if Pixel experience custom ROM is open source or not. Apart from lineage, what are other trustworthy open source custom ROM?
If i go for open source and popular custom ROM, chances of anyone writing code for backdoor entry to my phone or info from phone getting transferred to developer is slim, right?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For Xiaomi Note 4 ROMs, see https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...on-roms-kernels-recoveries--other-development

The Pixel Experience ROM is derived from AOSP (it's "AOSP based"), and the source is available (Aryan has the link to it in his first post). (It's available from 10 also, but all the bugs haven't been worked out yet, so it's up to you whether you want a daily driver, or you want to help debug the newer one.)

"chances of anyone writing code for backdoor entry to my phone or info from phone getting transferred to developer is slim, right?" If you get the ROM from XDA, I'd say the chances are "none or less". The same with Lineage, whether you get it from XDA or the Lineage site. People who do things like that don't last long on either. (Lineage ports are also written by individuals.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae