Tiamat Moray

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Get the most from your Xoom. Try this out if you want more from your Xoom. They just added some elements of cyanogenmod to it. Here is a link for the newest release.

http://roms.tiamat-dev.com/

43526472-4053-baf5.jpg

Last edited:

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice!!! I am wanting this now! Presently I am on stock 3.2 (rooted, CWM 3.2.0.0). Should I install the Tiamat kernel before the Moray ROM? Also, I noticed on the Tiamat web site the instructions point out you must be upgraded to 3.1... are those just old instructions? Or can I install it straight from 3.2? I am hoping I don't have to go backwards just to install it.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
The kernel is all in the rom. I went from stick 3.2 after I did a full reset. You should have no issues. I believe it asks to wipe first so make sure you follow that part. Its awesome. The first boot takes a few so don't panic. Just let it do it's thing. Let me know if you have any issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Use the new one 2.2.1 moray and follow the same instructions for 2.2. Just wipe in recovery. Drop on SD card and flash in recovery.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Very cool! And here I was getting all ready to load the kernel on first. Glad to hear it's included in the ROM. I was also all ready to be using fastboot. That's great if you can just flash it in CWR. Doesn't get much better than that! :)

Can't wait to experience the new Tiamat. I haven't seen it since way back at 1.4. This new one looks like it has some awesome stuff!
Thanks for the info, tnt!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
No problem! Yes it much easier. U was running a early build of tiamat when it first came out and loved it. I didn't even update to the new one till last week.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Just got on Tiamat 2.2.1... lovin' it so far!

One question.... I saw (and downloaded) Modpack 2 and Modpack 3. Haven't installed them yet though. I just wanted to make sure first that they are not already included in 2.2.1. ? Or do I need to install these modpacks? And if I go ahead and install them, will they wipe my data?

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh, something's different here... and confusing! I hope it's not something I did wrong. In Root Explorer, I can see the folder "/sdcard" (which I'm sure is the previous internal memory from before I installed Tiamat), and it still has all of my data in. Weird! But not a bad thing I guess. But the really confusing part is --- I now see a "/MicroSD" folder (which appears to be my external SD card)... but when I go under "/mnt", MicroSD does not show up. Instead it is called "/external1". So if I want to specify a folder for an app to write data to my external SD card, which path do I specify? Also, under both paths, I am still having the problem that I had with stock 3.2.1, where I cannot change permissions for folders or files. So it appears that there may still be some SD card write issues.. ? :/ Anyone else seeing this? Did I do something wrong?

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved... apps all work fine now w/ the 32GB SD card! Still finding it weird to have the external SD card named two different things though (MicroSD and external1). Other than that, Tiamat Moray is an awesome ROM!!!!! I am running OC'd @ 1.2 w/ no problems. I might just bump it up after a while and see how that goes!
biggrin.gif

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Check the link in the first post. Updated to 2.2.2

another update for the rom. Quite a few changes this time.

As usual, this can be flashed cleanly over 2.2.1.

Changes rom 2.2.1 to 2.2.2

? The browser UA string setting now sticks. ? Reverted to the stock User Agent string. ? Bluetooth tethering work-around ? Removed the DigiNotar certificate (3.2.1) ? Updated the market application (3.2.1) ? New setting to load every module on boot (disabled by default) ? Disable OTAs by default. You can turn them back on through the settings. ? Ability to completely disable the software buttons through ? Ability to turn on the european wifi channels in the settings menu.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Is this ROM for the wifi only version?

And a link to proper install would help thanks.

Works on both. Click the link in the main post. Dl the new 2.2.2 go down a bit on that page and the install info is listed. If new to the rom you need to wipe cache and data. Flash zip in recovery.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
ok, I tried it and I get:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Now what.

Does the xoom have to be rooted first? I understood that this rom when installed is rooted already.

Is the host otg cable bootable with the proper image on the "SDcard/flash drive" that is on the end of the cable?

Last edited:

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for this Rom and everything else to get me to this point. I am loving it. I now have a fully functional Xoom.

biggins82786

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else's Motorola boot symbol freak out afterinstalling this ROM? Before it cuts to the wave boot animation, my Motorola symbol looks like Mike Teevee when Wonka's Wonkavision shrinks him. Anybody?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Does anyone else's Motorola boot symbol freak out afterinstalling this ROM? Before it cuts to the wave boot animation, my Motorola symbol looks like Mike Teevee when Wonka's Wonkavision shrinks him. Anybody?

Happens on some boots not all. Not sure why but won't hurt anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC