Honeycomb Bee Boot Animation

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice! So you need to root in order to do this, correct?

I've been on the fence about rooting because I haven't seen anything besides the 1.5 OCing. That plus the animation might make me change my mind. :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yes you need root access to place the zip file into the xooms system. Rooting was very easy if you know adb commands. Its just a few files and a few command lines to unlock and root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thanks! I do love the stock but they could have done it better. Stock images are half the screen size and then stretched. Mine was created with full screen images so it keeps the image quality. More boots to come :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
While you are at it -- can you provide me with a Apex or Liberty type custom rom :)

Lol. Once sd card works and we have source files apex will be ready for the xoom. I already have the boot animation ready for the apex xoom rom. :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
That's why I put the xoom boot zip together for the X. Looks so much better on the phone. It looks like it was made for a phone and someone was lazy and didn't do it up for the tablet size.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I renamed the bootanimation that was in system/media to bootanimation.bak and put the new one inside that folder.

That alone didn't change my boot animation upon rebooting. Do I need to put it in data/local as well?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
OK what boot animation did you rename. I'm thinking the bootanimation.zip and not the other one in system media right? OK with my boot in data local using root explorer long hold the file and click permissions. Then select the boxes in user to read and write and click OK. See if that helps.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
OK what boot animation did you rename. I'm thinking the bootanimation.zip and not the other one in system media right? OK with my boot in data local using root explorer long hold the file and click permissions. Then select the boxes in user to read and write and click OK. See if that helps.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Checked the permissions, all matches. If I don't rename the bootanimation.zip inside system/media then standard boot animation displays. If I rename bootanimation.zip in system/media then my boot animation just reads "android". Mind you the modified bootanimation.zip is in data/local for all of this.

Sorry for being a nuisance! Normally I don't get hung up on these types of things!

Girth

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting told I can't change the name of the file in /system/media folder. Says write only. I am doing this in terminal though so that might be the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech