Can't get USB to mount with Tiamat 1.1.6

treeofliberty

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the Tiamat 1.1.6 kernel last night and am purring at 1.5Ghz. Cool. However, when I plug in a flash drive, it doesn't mount to /usbdisk as expected. I notice in Astro that /usbdisk show permissions of d--. I was expecting more open permissions. Is this what is thwarting me? I think I pushed out the vold.fstab as directed.

Any ideas?

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem except I'm using the usbdisk.img and still can't get it to work. I have even tried reflashing the boot.img a second time.

I can use ES File Explorer and open the vold.fstab file and it contains the necessary changes.

I noticed in the instructions it says to put the line "dev_mount usbdisk /months/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-ehci". I tried doing a search and there is no devices directory or tegra-ehci file. Am I missing something?

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, as I suspected part of my USB Thumb drive problem was the micro USB adapter I was using. I just got the USB cable recommended and now I have access to my thumb drive. Previously I was using a small adapter I got on Amazon.

I now see some other curious results, wondering if anyone else has seen similar? It seems that not all thumb drives can mount correctly. I have two seemingly identical drives (simple 1gig drives). One of them works fine but the other will not mount. They both work fine on my PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci