06-22-2011 09:38 AM
162 ... 567
tools
    Thanks for the info! I gave it a try, and was getting Quadrant scores around 4100+, and have never seen this device boot up so fast! But, I also started experiencing random reboots. I finally had to flash back to the Tiamat 1.4GHz version.
    05-25-2011 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the info! I gave it a try, and was getting Quadrant scores around 4100+, and have never seen this device boot up so fast! But, I also started experiencing random reboots. I finally had to flash back to the Tiamat 1.4GHz version.
    Sorry to hear that, you aren't alone though it seems to be isolated. I've had no problems but there are others over at xda with the same problem. BRD ins trying to get to the bottom of this.
    05-25-2011 01:18 PM
    I've just seen that BRD has released an update. I'll update the first post in an hour or two as still at work. In the meantime you can get the scoop here - [KERNEL][AOSP][HC3.1] Tiamat Xoom Kernel Series Version 1.4.3 [Update: 5/30] - xda-developers

Edit: 1st post updated
    NewAge likes this.
    05-30-2011 07:33 AM
    Its another great release. Flashed with no issues and speedy as usual. Looks like Mass storage was enabled, so I'll have to look for that mounting app again. I didn't much like scripter.
    05-30-2011 02:37 PM
    Its another great release. Flashed with no issues and speedy as usual. Looks like Mass storage was enabled, so I'll have to look for that mounting app again. I didn't much like scripter.
    What is it that you are trying to mount? If I connect to pc, the xoom is automatically picked up, I can browse to my sd card and via my OTG cable I can access a FAT32 thumb drive as well as a 1 TB NTFS HDD. To mount the NTFS HDD I use this little app. No need for any scripter or such
    05-30-2011 02:46 PM
    First post updated with the latest goodies from BRD.
    NewAge likes this.
    06-02-2011 08:48 AM
    What is it that you are trying to mount? If I connect to pc, the xoom is automatically picked up, I can browse to my sd card and via my OTG cable I can access a FAT32 thumb drive as well as a 1 TB NTFS HDD. To mount the NTFS HDD I use this little app. No need for any scripter or such
    To enable mass storage when Xoom is connected to PC via USB.

Further explanation: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1068999
    06-02-2011 09:05 PM
    Holy cow, 1.7 GHz!?! I'm sure mine can't handle it... since the 1.6 GHz gave me random reboots. But maybe I will give the 1.7 a try anyway, just for fun. I am curious -- is there anyone who had reboots with previous versions but can now run the 1.7 GHz without reboots?? (wishful thinking I guess! lol)
    06-02-2011 11:03 PM
    I'm rebooting at 1600 and 1700, but actually good at 1504. I would always reboot at 1504 on previous kernels. So yeah its wishful thinking, but its the first time I've been able to run 1504.
    06-02-2011 11:52 PM
    To enable mass storage when Xoom is connected to PC via USB.

Further explanation: [Utility] USB Mass Storage Tool (For Tiamat Kernel!) [Update: 5-20-2011] - xda-developers
    Are you not able to see the Xoom as a storage device when connected to your pc? I can just plug in the usb cable and the device is picked up automatically and I can move files between pc and Xoom with no problems and without having to run scripts.
    06-03-2011 09:12 AM
    Hi guys, Anyone know how to run this rom and mod the battery back to stock?

Also, Is there a version with the GPU overclock kernal already added?
    I have a xoom 3g, flashed the tiamat rom, when back to flash the GPU OC tiamat kernel and ran into
    2 wierd issues,

#1 a portrait version of the activation screen comes up at every reboot. with NO "SKip" option, you must hit home on every boot,.

#2 Wifi does not work. says "error" and all known fixes did not help, recopying all the .ko's etc..

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    06-21-2011 01:04 PM
    Hi guys, Anyone know how to run this rom and mod the battery back to stock?

Also, Is there a version with the GPU overclock kernal already added?
    I have a xoom 3g, flashed the tiamat rom, when back to flash the GPU OC tiamat kernel and ran into
    2 wierd issues,

#1 a portrait version of the activation screen comes up at every reboot. with NO "SKip" option, you must hit home on every boot,.

#2 Wifi does not work. says "error" and all known fixes did not help, recopying all the .ko's etc..

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    #1 - Did you do a data wipe via CWM? If so you need to restore your NANDROID backup, or reflash to your previous rom and then reflash without wiping data via CWM. I f you need to wipe data, do so from the Settings>Privacy menu.

#2 - Did you flash the boot image together with the kernel when you reflashed it? I also had a problem with wifi when trying to flash the led on boot image. You'll probably need to reflash the rom, apply the 3g fix and then just try flashing the GPU OC kernel without applying any of the boot.img files.
    06-22-2011 09:38 AM
162 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD