[KERNEL - AOSP][HC3.1][UPDATE 6/2]Tiamat Xoom 1.4.4 "Full Throttle Baby @1.7Ghz"

TDR

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Far be it from me to actually take credit for some command line options ;) Mainly what it does is disable a workaround for badly written programs, allowing for more efficient writes to storage. There are in fact more dangerous tweaks, but this one has been shown to be safe.

On the Nexus S, these mount options are standard in pretty much every custom kernel, popularized by supercurio of Galaxy S Voodoo lagfix fame. I just thought it would be cool to bring them over to the Xoom as well.

I know some people are down on these tweaks (inflating Quadrant scores etc), but IMO it's as legitimate as the L2 prefetch patch that allows the Xoom to get ~65MFLOPS on Linpack. Glad to see BRD thinks so too.

Reactions: ClydeB1

mradlauer

Sep 2, 2010
www.clearcutaudio.com
You guys do awesome work!! I just flashed the latest .img and kernel with no issue!! Love having the overclock option.

Any chance that you guys are working on HFS+ support?? I see XFS is also a journaling FS...

HFS+ is the LAST thing I need to use this XOOM how I really want too...

Thanks!

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You guys do awesome work!! I just flashed the latest .img and kernel with no issue!! Love having the overclock option.

Any chance that you guys are working on HFS+ support?? I see XFS is also a journaling FS...

HFS+ is the LAST thing I need to use this XOOM how I really want too...

Thanks!
Thanks, but the work is all done by BRD, I just present his wonderful work here. He would therefore be the one to ask on that. He has some info about his work here - Tiamat or else you can try to chat to him on freenode #xoom.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Clyde, Ok ya lost me now.. lol I'm not that much into playing games (so I have not heard of Riptide yet)... Could you please give an explanation of the Riptide thing? And also what would be the benefits of this new kernel (other than the OC to 1.6)? I checked for the details in the 1st post, but could not find this info. Thanks so much! :)

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Riptide GP is the latest Tegra2 game which is receiving rave reviews - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vectorunit.blue&feature=search_result

The biggest benefits claimed by BRD apart from the 1.6Ghz CPU overclocking, is that the GPU is also overclocked to improve the fps count, it also includes USB Mass Storage support. Quadrant scores in the 4200+ range and high fps counts. I got a Nenamark score of 54fps at 1.6Ghz (performance)

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I gave it a try, and was getting Quadrant scores around 4100+, and have never seen this device boot up so fast! But, I also started experiencing random reboots. I finally had to flash back to the Tiamat 1.4GHz version.

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I gave it a try, and was getting Quadrant scores around 4100+, and have never seen this device boot up so fast! But, I also started experiencing random reboots. I finally had to flash back to the Tiamat 1.4GHz version.
Sorry to hear that, you aren't alone though it seems to be isolated. I've had no problems but there are others over at xda with the same problem. BRD ins trying to get to the bottom of this.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Its another great release. Flashed with no issues and speedy as usual. Looks like Mass storage was enabled, so I'll have to look for that mounting app again. I didn't much like scripter.

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Its another great release. Flashed with no issues and speedy as usual. Looks like Mass storage was enabled, so I'll have to look for that mounting app again. I didn't much like scripter.
What is it that you are trying to mount? If I connect to pc, the xoom is automatically picked up, I can browse to my sd card and via my OTG cable I can access a FAT32 thumb drive as well as a 1 TB NTFS HDD. To mount the NTFS HDD I use this little app. No need for any scripter or such ;)

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Holy cow, 1.7 GHz!?! I'm sure mine can't handle it... since the 1.6 GHz gave me random reboots. But maybe I will give the 1.7 a try anyway, just for fun. I am curious -- is there anyone who had reboots with previous versions but can now run the 1.7 GHz without reboots?? (wishful thinking I guess! lol)

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm rebooting at 1600 and 1700, but actually good at 1504. I would always reboot at 1504 on previous kernels. So yeah its wishful thinking, but its the first time I've been able to run 1504.

ClydeB1

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site