I know it's an independent company trying to get money to make an out-of-the-box product, so the odds were (are?) stacked against it, but what ever happened to YotaPhone? I was really excited about the design and was hoping that it got built.

I just did a little searching and it seems that the internet has wiped YotaPhone from it's memory. I from what I remember the company managed to create a decent amount of buzz in December through February (MWC), if for no other reason than it was a unique product, but now I'm not able to find much besides the official site.

For anyone who doesn't remember, YotaPhone had (has?) a standard capacitive touchscreen on the front and a full sized e-ink display on the back. Cool stuff!
    http://www.yotaphone.com/#/en/
    YotaPhone hands-on - gestures, e-ink and vanilla Android | Android Central
    The YotaPhone runs Android 4.2, has LTE, and two screens | Android Central
    The YotaPhone and its e-ink display gets shown off on video for the first time | Android Central
    06-19-2013 04:03 PM
    12-03-2014 11:31 PM
    There is a successor to the device now: http://forums.androidcentral.com/yot...e-2-hands.html
    Yeah, I saw that. The new Yotaphone prompted this new forum and resurrected my post from a 17 months ago.

I'm pretty excited that the new Yotaphone has traditional on screen buttons instead of the dumb swipe gestures that the first one had.
    12-04-2014 12:31 AM
    Honestly I think that dual screen, one e-ink side would make for a really good tablet. nothing beats reading a book on e-ink. The lcd side would be good for movies and magazines. I hope they make one. I would probably buy it.
    jean15paul likes this.
    12-04-2014 01:50 AM