Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3

Default RAM

1) how much RAM does the a100 really have?

2) how much is available?
    WTT: good condition Droid X2 for dual-core android Make me an offer (regardles of post count)
    Androidcentral marketplace link

Default Re: RAM

The reports of 512MB system ram in "NOT" correct.. It has 1GB of system ram with a Tegra-2 1GHZ dual core chip.. I just checked.
    Last edited by Johnny D; 11-25-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    Thanked by:

It actually has 1GB of ram. Another thing, the actual usable storage for an 8gb version is just 5.49gb. I dunno why. That's a lot of difference.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by aeric13 View Post
    It actually has 1GB of ram. Another thing, the actual usable storage for an 8gb version is just 5.49gb. I dunno why. That's a lot of difference.

The missing storage is where your ROM, Recovery, etc is stored

1gig but shows 542 total available to use. My evo 3d shows 727 total. Normal with honeycomb? This is adding used and free in running services
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 1.3

ok, good to know
    WTT: good condition Droid X2 for dual-core android Make me an offer (regardles of post count)
    Androidcentral marketplace link

Quote Originally Posted by aeric13 View Post

that's why i bought the 16gb version for that extra $50

ROM
    clean rom ics

once updated to ICS you can install programs to the storage card. Whoot.

ROM
    clean rom ics

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just slide a laptop RAM chip into your tablet?
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

So I have the A100, my first tab...lol..I know I am way behind the times in the technical world!! Lol do please near with my ignorance...so can you tell me firstly, how large of a storage card can or should I install, and how do I upgrade to I'VE? Does anyone know how I can text from my tab without having a phone number turned on it? Any great case our accessory suggestions?? My first tab, and I am almost afraid to use it cuz I so don't know what I am doing!! Lol eager to hear from you all, and thank you very much for any and all help and suggestions!!
    Thanks and sorry...
    Sandra.

[email address deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.