A200 Rooting and ROM Options

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to wrap my mind around rooting and installing custom roms, but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I have an Acer Iconia A200 that got abandon at my shop and I got it in my mind that I should gives a try and widen my knowledge base.
Now first off I have been digging through Google trying to find a solid walkthrough but everytime I come across one, the links to the files and utilities they used are dead.

I realize that before I can do anything I need to root my A200. I have been pointed to two methods, the first being Simpleroot V3 (All the links I found are dead) or use a utility called Kingo Root. I've gotten Kingo Root, ran it, it says that it has rooted the device but if I open TWRP it states that the device needs to be Rooted.

Does any have or have a link to a rooting utility that works with the Acer A200?

Now I'm hoping to get really lucky and find someone with the same device who has loaded a custom ROM on one of these and knows what works best.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The forums at xda-developers.com is probably a better resource--do a search there for Acer A200. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez