[Links] Custom ROMs and Boot Animations

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have noted that there are not many posters putting up links to resources thought I would put this together....

Was able to root with the iconiaroot.apk; then install the acer recovery installer from the market.. That was the simplest way to install Clockwork - ever.. backed up the stock ROM...

Decided to take the plunge and load up :
[ROM][JULE8]-=Virtuous Picasso v. 1.1.0=- [Honeycomb 3.1][Kernel: UNITY V5]

Thus far - the scalable kernel has made this ROM fly. No hiccups or issues..

Found that there are many more out there and thought I would pass on the links:
[ROM][JULE7]-=Virtuous Galaxy v. 1.0.3=- [HC 3.1 / TouchWiz UX][Kernel: UNITY V5]

[ROM][HC3.1][THOR.KERNEL] Taboonay 1.0.2 (09/07/2011)

[ROM] Honeycomb 3.1 - HoneyVillain 1.04 07-07

[ROM][29-jun][HoneyComb3.1][Kernel/OC1700: angel] Dexter's Iconia P2-2 (patch update)

[ROM][ASUS HC3.1][27-06][Kernel: angel] PRIMEE p8-3

Full 3.1 Update (Not OTA) - Acer_A500_4.010.22_COM_GEN1

Flash at your own risk. If you are not familiar with this process please read content of the attached links to avoid any catastrophic mishaps.

Happy Flashing!!

Last edited:
Reactions: akadrew

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM List] Custom ROM with Kernel Lists and Links

[ROM][JULE8]-=Virtuous Picasso v. 1.1.0=- [Honeycomb 3.1][Kernel: UNITY V5] - Update: Rolled back to stock - too many strange kernel related bugs for me to contend with. The ROM is based on the 3.1 leak and not the OTA so the 'Cell Standby' issue is still there.. annoying but tolerable.

I was getting random closures of most of my browsers (Opera and Dolphin HD).. keyboard lag is abysmal. The overall browsing experience is very good and the processor speed is exceptionally good.. but - when it throttles down to deep sleep some apps close.. not force close - just close.. annoying and not tolerable...

The worst parts are that when rebooting the wifi functions were lost on two occasions and there was a loss of function of the desktop until it randomly rebooted..

Given I could adjust up the low end of the kernel speed minimums.. Naw. I will wait till a more stable version of the kernel is paired with a ROM that is based from the base 3.1 OTA.

This ROM is not for me.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM List] Custom ROM with Kernel Lists and Links

Same here after reading for many hours on these roms I'm also going to wait for a little longer.Shouldn't be to much longer.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Here are some boots I made for another forum:
PowerCell v6 - for Acer Iconia - JaeKar99
Animated Preview - Download -||- [Click for QR Code] - (copy to data/local)

Android Honeybee - Blue - for Acer Iconia - Very basic - not of my making just adapted from video.

Alien Head - Blue - for Acer Iconia - JaeKar99

Made probably 150 boot animations for the fascinate.. have fun with these..

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I loaded a boot anime first and now I'm running the Virtuous Xoom Rom. It is a great Tom I'm having no problems It is very stable.I of course did a full wipe as recommended. Its nice to be able to upgrade to 3.2 since the acer update wouldn't work for me and it was a bust for o many anyway.
I like this Rom so much I don't know if I will try any more for quite awhile.
Oh and thanks for all the links to other Roms. I have many already on my SD card just in case I get bored.LOL
I also just installed a nice ROM on my Droid INC. It also was a major upgrade for m and also very stable.At least so far...

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got your boot anmie Power Cell and was wondering if this would work on the Virtuous Xoom Rom.
If so do you have any instructions...... It looks like a cool one..