Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jharo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I got my A500 almost two weeks ago and still no update in sight. There were rumors floating around Acer suspended the updates but I have no idea. Did anybody get any updates lately and did they fix the bugs?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I got mine two days ago....shortly after registering on their web site.
  3. #3  
    jharo's Avatar

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Your better off not updating right now. It will only mess up your wifi. I haven't seen anything about them fixing the problem.
  4. #4  
    splatoid's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I agree you don't want to update till they get it sorted out. A good idea is to wait a few days after it is released to see what people say...
    Sent From the dark side of the moon.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I haven't had a problem with my WiFi after the update. I put in in airplane mode and take it to work (no WiFi at work) play games, watch movies and come home turn on.wifi and it connects first try. The wireless router is on the far side of the house in a backroom(80-90 feet away) Maybe I just got lucky
  6. #6  
    trgilman's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Asaroth2010 View Post
    I haven't had a problem with my WiFi after the update. I put in in airplane mode and take it to work (no WiFi at work) play games, watch movies and come home turn on.wifi and it connects first try. The wireless router is on the far side of the house in a backroom(80-90 feet away) Maybe I just got lucky

    There were some WiFi connection issues. Most were solved with a reset (factory on some, soft on others).
    Acer may be trying to address this problem
    Also 3.2 is apparently not too far off in the future.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    They have the patch on their support site and starting to roll out 4.010.11
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I got 3.1 on Sunday
    Its highly likely that this message was sent via my Acer A500 tablet

    Blackberry 7250> Blackberry 8703e> Blackberry 9530 "storm"> HTC Thunderbolt/ Acer A500 Tablet
  9. #9  
    jharo's Avatar

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by eeosu View Post
    They have the patch on their support site and starting to roll out 4.010.11
    I just chatted online with Acer. They told me that the patch has not been released yet.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    I just chatted online with Acer. They told me that the patch has not been released yet.
    Here is the link, If you don't want to go to the link then just go to acer support and look for it. Make sure you select Honeycomb 3.1 software and the patch will be listed.



    Wouldn't be the first time that something is released before the support personal knows about it.
    Thanked by:
    jharo 
  11. #11  
    jharo's Avatar

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by eeosu View Post
    Here is the link, If you don't want to go to the link then just go to acer support and look for it. Make sure you select Honeycomb 3.1 software and the patch will be listed.



    Wouldn't be the first time that something is released before the support personal knows about it.
    Is this going to be pushed OTA?

    Update: Nevermind, I just did a check for updates from my tab, and it was ready to download!
    CubanoRafter likes this.
  12. #12  
    Nodnerb's Avatar

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I didn't really notice an answer to the original question.

    I know the 3.1 update was pulled at one point. So is this a revised version of the one that was pulled, or just the same update that still has issues for some?
  13. #13  
    trgilman's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodnerb View Post
    I didn't really notice an answer to the original question.

    I know the 3.1 update was pulled at one point. So is this a revised version of the one that was pulled, or just the same update that still has issues for some?
    From the build number, this should be the revised update that deals with the WiFi issue.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I just bought this yesterday and I got the notification for the update this morning. Everything works so far! LOVE this tablet.

    I really don't see a need to root it either. For me, just about everything on it is useful.
    I loved my EVO 4G & 3D and really loved my Samsung Galaxy Nexus...but I adore my Nexus 4!! No going back for me!
  15. #15  
    CubanoRafter's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM v2.2.2

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomRubin View Post
    I just bought this yesterday and I got the notification for the update this morning. Everything works so far! LOVE this tablet.

    I really don't see a need to root it either. For me, just about everything on it is useful.
    I rooted mine so I could install TI backup, add a reboot widget, and get Netflix working among other things... For me that was useful and the latest .apk to root is a one step process...
    Devices: Acer Iconia A500 (Rooted 3.1) -- LG Optimus S (Reborn ROM v.2.2.2)
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    I finally got my update and it looks good. WiFi is working just fine.
  17. #17  
    CubanoRafter's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM v2.2.2

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by axwhipmaker View Post
    I finally got my update and it looks good. WiFi is working just fine.
    Got the update yesterday and still having connection issues after connecting to multiple ssid's.
    Still have to delete the dhcp lease file (or soft reset) to be able to get an IP again.
    Devices: Acer Iconia A500 (Rooted 3.1) -- LG Optimus S (Reborn ROM v.2.2.2)
  18. #18  
    damo's Avatar
    #teamandroid

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Got mine in May and still no 3.1 (in the UK)

    Is this the patch you guys are talking about?

    New Update
  19. #19  
    jharo's Avatar

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by damo View Post
    Got mine in May and still no 3.1 (in the UK)

    Is this the patch you guys are talking about?

    New Update
    That's the one!
  20. #20  
    damo's Avatar
    #teamandroid

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

    Stop press, got 3.1 today and it included the latest patch :-)

Posting Permissions

B