Asurion Claim experience

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I posted this yesterday and then deleted it after reading the reply of the first comment, I thought maybe I posted this in the wrong forum. After giving this some thought, I decided to repost as I can not be the only one with a similar experience and I would like to know if anyone had a similar experience and what the final outcome might be.

Moderators, if the repost is not allowed, I apologize, and please delete it if needed.

Asurion claims experience…..so far

I have a Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra. I cracked my screen on February 26, 2024. This has been my Asurion Claim experience.

Day 1 (2/26/2024)

I logged in to my Verizon account to check my device protection coverage and file a claim. I was reminded that a screen replacement would be $0 out of pocket and was pleased that I would get to keep my 13 month old phone that I really like.

I get about halfway through the claim process, and I can not select the screen repair option. At that point, I started calling four different Ubreakifix locations around me (Asurion service centers) and each of them confirmed that there were no screens in stock and they had been on backorder for quite some time. They each suggested that paying for a replacement phone would be my best option to get back up and running. I decided to pay the $99 and submit my claim. While the claim is processing, I receive an update that the S22 Ultra is not available and they would be sending me an S23 Ultra. I was not happy as my case and backup screen protector would no longer work with my replacement phone. So I am now out another $70-$80 for a case and screen protector. I IMMEDIATELY received two emails stating my replacement s23 ultra device is on backorder, so much for next day replacement, but I used the time to order a new case and screen protector from Amazon.

Day Two (2/27/2024)

I receive no updates from Asurion

Day Three (2/28/2024)

I received two emails stating my replacement device is still on backorder.

Day Four 2/29/2024

I received an email from Asurion that instructed me to call Asurion. I called, and they informed me that the S23 Ultra is out of stock, but they are sending me a brand new S24 Ultra that will arrive the next day, according to the Asurion representative. At this point, I ordered a new case and screen protector and waited for my new phone.

Day Five 3/1/2024

The new phone is supposed to arrive. I back up my old phone on my laptop, clean up some junk files, and wait for my new replacement phone. Asurion used UPS to ship the phone (very unreliable in my experience), I got a tracking number, and the tracking indicated the delivery a little after 9:00 am. I thought, great, I can charge and set up my new phone in the evening. I got two tracking updates later that day changing the delivery time, and in normal UPS fashion, the package never arrived, and tracking status changed to on the way.

Day Six 3/2/2024

The package did not arrive, and tracking now indicated most likely delivery will be 3/4/2024.

Day Seven 3/3/2024

No phone arrives

Day Eight 3/4/2024

No phone. Tracking details still indicate on the way but not out for delivery. The phone has been sitting at the UPS hub, which is about 10 minutes from my house for over 4 days. It is a good thing the cracked phone is still usable as long as I am careful.

Day Nine 3/5/2024

The phone has not arrived, and tracking is now unable to provide a delivery date. I made the mistake of calling Asurion to see if they could get an update. After punching numerous combinations of numbers on the keypad, I finally was able to talk to a real person. The call center sounded like it was not in an English speaking country with all of the shouting in the background in a language that was not English and the people I spoke with had very heavy accents and were a little difficult to understand at times. Both people were nice, and we all repeated things when we were asked, so we were able to communicate with each other. I thought the call would trigger them to inquire with UPS to see where this package went, but that was not what happened. The first person I spoke with decided the best solution is to resend a phone. My first question was, will this cost me anything and I was assured that it would not. The next question was, what do I do if the first phone shows up. The person from Asurion actually told me to keep it. He must be new, or the language barrier confused the message. I then argued with him that I could not keep the phone if they were sending me a different phone. He eventually agreed, and the plan for now is to try and get UPS to return to the sender if it arrives or call back for a return label. During this phone call, I received a text stating a claim started with Asurion, I thought yes I started one several days ago. I get off the phone, and a few minutes later, the tech coach app lets me know my claim has been canceled. So after I paid for a replacement phone, they canceled a claim I just called about. I was not happy, so I called back and entered all of the numbers and kept getting the message. My claim was awaiting approval. I learned to just stay on the line, and a person will eventually pick up the line. I finally got a real person. He did some research, and it appears the last guy canceled my claim and opened a new claim for my phone. Also, I now may not be getting an S24 Ultra, and they will decide in 24 hours. So much for the new case and screen protector I just bought for the phone that is stuck at UPS. I was assured again that this will not cost me anything, but I am a little skeptical at the moment. So we will see tomorrow. Lesson learned: Do not call to check on your shipment.

This process with Asurion really needs to be streamlined, so replacement decisions are made within minutes, not days. This is a paid service, and the expectation is a quick repair or replacement. My phone, along with many others, is a necessary tool for our employment, and we can not be without a phone for a long time. I am lucky my phone was still usable, but Asurion needs to review their process and make improvements on replacement or repair times.

Day 10 3/6/2024

There is no update at this time, and the second claim has still not been approved. The tracking on the original replacement phone still indicates the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.

***I will be sure to update this post when I receive new information***

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Day 10 Update. I just received notice they are shipping an s24 Ultra 256 GB in 3 to 5 days. They are apparently on backorder at the moment. Fingers crossed the package actually makes it to my house this time.
Hope it makes it, in perfect shape, and all works out good from here on. 🤞(y)

We just had an very unpleasant Allstate/SquareTrade experience, but due to an LG oven range.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry you're going through all this. Hopefully your phone makes it to you.

It's been years since I've filed a claim with Asurion , but I never had an issue. The one time that they weren't able to replace my device with what I had, they sent me directly to a store to get an upgraded device free of charge.

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry you're going through all this. Hopefully your phone makes it to you.

It's been years since I've filed a claim with Asurion , but I never had an issue. The one time that they weren't able to replace my device with what I had, they sent me directly to a store to get an upgraded device free of charge.
I have not filed any type of cell phone claim in years. My last and only other claim was when I accidentally washed and dried an iPhone 4 about 13 or 14 years ago. At that time, I had Apple Care, and they told me to go to Sprint (now T mobile) and pick up a new phone. I have owned cell phones for over 20 years, and this is my second claim. The insurance is probably not needed in my case, I am usually careful and always keep my phone in a case, but I like the fact that with my protection plan, pretty much anything is covered, including theft and loss.

I have a shipping number now. Fingers crossed, it actually arrives. I have to wonder what happens to the packages as this has happened more than once to an electronic device that was shipping to my address.

Last edited:

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Day 11 Update

I finally received a replacement phone. A new S24 Ultra 256 gb. I switched my SIM, and everything transferred over pretty easily to the new phone. I have only really used the phone for about an hour as I set it up last night, but the only differences I have noticed from my S22 ultra are the circle to search and the flat screen. I have not really tried any of the AI features, and I am sure there are some other features I am not aware of. I will need to watch some YouTube videos to see what the phone is capable of.

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Day 11 Update

I finally received a replacement phone. A new S24 Ultra 256 gb. I switched my SIM, and everything transferred over pretty easily to the new phone. I have only really used the phone for about an hour as I set it up last night, but the only differences I have noticed from my S22 ultra are the circle to search and the flat screen. I have not really tried any of the AI features, and I am sure there are some other features I am not aware of. I will need to watch some YouTube videos to see what the phone is capable of.
Glad you got your replacement. Hopefully the s24 works as well as your s22.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Day 11 Update

Great!
What color did they send you, do you actually like it or are just coming to terms with it?

Also, go on to the GS4 series forums to join in the fun; post pictures of your new baby and the accessories you got!

Sent From the TARDIS

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I chose a black phone as my last phone was black but I had my choice of 4 colors. I immediately put a UAG Pathfinder case and Whitestone Dome screen protector on the phone.

Reactions: BerryBubbles