Anyone hsve experience with Alcatel Customer Service?

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
The screen on my Idol 3 is popping out of the bottom left side of the phone's body. I contacted customer service and they sent the link to get a return authorization. After reading through all of the "we will decide if it's your fault or the phone's" mumbo jumbo, my question is...How are they to deal with? Are they pretty good about repairing or replacing the phones without much hassle? Are they pretting good about doing it in a timely manner? Just curious. I've handled this phone with kid gloves the whole time, kept it in a case, etc. Thanks in advance.

GDKay

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
They reply to initial question very promptly. Then ignore the follow up information you provide them. Frustrating.

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Well...it took 2 weeks to get my phone back. The screen's fixed but the radio seemed to be hosed now. It won't lock onto and hold a LTE signal and won't load anything in H+ mode. Now Alcatel's ignoring my emails and the warantee expired two days ago. I'm not impressed.

fdalbor

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I have seen so far (Idol 4 & Idol3 owner) as long as the phone is working it works great. When it's not you might as well try to contact the Pope. You would get him before you get Alcatel.

tinman9898

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Alcatel customer service is quite poor. I contacted them re a bug introduced in an update for the Alcatel 1B 2020 32GB which prevented the font size being increased above 130%. By email the rep said nothing could be done and on twitter they said there was no fix available from Google after several requests for different information about the phone and updates. So it is a case of they introduce a bug and have no interest in fixing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty