S24 pictures... show us how they look!

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A couple of people have complained about the screen itself...colors flat, or washed out. Since you have it in hand can you tell us what you think of the screen? Do you have any protector installed?
I was thinking about this...the screen cannot have anything on the outer glass to provide the anti-glare. It must be on the "inside" or backside of the glass. So there's clear glass on the topmost layer. Putting another "clear" glass protector on top of the screen should NOT interfere at all with the anti-glare feature... IMO.
I look forward to any info you can provide! TU

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
A couple of people have complained about the screen itself...colors flat, or washed out. Since you have it in hand can you tell us what you think of the screen? Do you have any protector installed?
I was thinking about this...the screen cannot have anything on the outer glass to provide the anti-glare. It must be on the "inside" or backside of the glass. So there's clear glass on the topmost layer. Putting another "clear" glass protector on top of the screen should NOT interfere at all with the anti-glare feature... IMO.
Looks fine to me, but I normally have the displays on Natural, not vivid.

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Compared to the screen of the S22 Ultra there is a difference. I would not called it washed out, maybe a little more " narural", not so saturated.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the screen of the S22 Ultra there is a difference. I would not called it washed out, maybe a little more " narural", not so saturated.
Again I am happy to hear from rational people with normal eyes who can see the difference between regular green, and neon green grass. I am feeling better as more and more people state what the "pro" reviewers have been saying all along...that the S24U screen is bright, clear, and quite wonderful. So for those who think the screen is dull...either get your eyes checked, learn what color is normal, or send the phone back because maybe you got a lemon???

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Again I am happy to hear from rational people with normal eyes who can see the difference between regular green, and neon green grass. I am feeling better as more and more people state what the "pro" reviewers have been saying all along...that the S24U screen is bright, clear, and quite wonderful. So for those who think the screen is dull...either get your eyes checked, learn what color is normal, or send the phone back because maybe you got a lemon???
So what do most people keep theirs on like now mine is on Vivid and I do WQHD I think it is. And the ram assist I forget what mine is on or what is normally that most people do.

Aurelian

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
More photos, please! Anyone who has this phone, please share some initial photos under whatever conditions: indoor at home or from the pub, night shot, street life, forrest, city ... Thanks!

I have read and seen photos where under artificial light/indoor the HDR is heavily working, which makes the dynamics of light and shadow disappear. In Walter's photos of the trees above I got the same feeling. There is no intelligence in the HDR ...

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
More photos, please! Anyone who has this phone, please share some initial photos under whatever conditions: indoor at home or from the pub, night shot, street life, forrest, city ... Thanks!

I have read and seen photos where under artificial light/indoor the HDR is heavily working, which makes the dynamics of light and shadow disappear. In Walter's photos of the trees above I got the same feeling. There is no intelligence in the HDR ...
Here we go. Some testsamples of the regular S24: 20240126_090153.jpg20240126_090441.jpg20240126_090501.jpg20240126_090540.jpg20240126_090625.jpg20240126_090714.jpg20240126_090728.jpg20240126_090902.jpg20240126_090949.jpg