Solved: Cannot access the Amazon App Store, device throws deregistration error every time

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My Kindle Fire 7 HD arrived today and if I try to access the app store, it keeps saying:

Maximum of 25 devices were registered to the user account. Please deregister some devices.

I did not have 25 devices registered, but I went and removed some older devices. Despite this, the Kindle still continues to display this error and I am unable to install anything.

What can I do to fix this? It's aggravating.

Last edited:

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cannot access the Amazon App Store, device throws deregistration error every time

I did a factory reset, but the error persists. Does no one know how to fix this problem? I have searched on numerous forums, even Amazon's, and there wasn't much useful information there.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cannot access the Amazon App Store, device throws deregistration error every time

Went to Your Account > Your Apps and Devices, and the tech support guy showed me all the devices registered to my account. Every device that gets logged in, even on the same device, counts as a new registration instance. I deleted a bunch of them and now I can access my apps.