Sluggish performance

vivitar

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's fire kind of sluggish considering the specs? It seems like there is a defined delay between touching a button and seeing the result, be it just opening the settings, or in the most recent case the wired app reading the newest issue. It actually locked up and rebooted.

Am I just expecting too much for my $200? I returned my Transformer because it quit working (I think the video cable came undone) and got store credit and thought I would get this since I wasn't really using my tablet for more than media consumption, words with friends, and surfing the web and the fire seems to suit that need case perfectly but I'm not sure I can deal with the sluggish performance.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No I have not noticed any sluggishness. Originally I was worried about this because of some of the pre-reviews, but when I got mine and did the update I thought it worked much better than what I had read and saw videos about. I'm not sure how to solve it, maybe it is in your head. ;)

santanzchild

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
go into application managment and manually close the things that are open in there. When you go back to the home screen your apps stay open in the background and if I get a few going it seems to slow it down.

vivitar

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, perhaps that was the problem. It's performing better after a reboot but having no wifi at work and having to use my phone I'm not browsing a lot. I'll check it out when I get home...

So is the fires running services and applications management not as robust as AOSP? I'd hate to have to manually watch whats running again, my phone spoiled me...

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So is the fires running services and applications management not as robust as AOSP? I'd hate to have to manually watch whats running again, my phone spoiled me...

The Fire is running Gingerbread AOSP, so it manages apps for you. It does seem to help to do a reboot every week or so.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was zipping around from app to app and it felt plenty peppy to me. Not as fast as my GS2 but hella faster than my Transformer.