sideload LAUNCHERS without root?

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
is this possible? if so, how is the ADWlauncher? its 10 cents today and if its possible to sideload a launcher successfully i will take advantage of this promotion. otherwise if it doesnt work without root then i have no use for it. thanks.

edit: i read reviews and i guess after a new update for ADW it kind of crippled the launcher in a way. but anyway are you aloud to sideload launchers rootfree? placing my fire order hopefully this weekend.

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Got ADW today and setup on my phone and Kindle Fire. I like it. KF is rooted but not sure if that matters. I installed Go Launcher before I rooted my KF and it worked fine.

Sent using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have ADW on unrooted KF and all you have to do to sideload Is download the apk and you can install it on the Fire. And for me I use adw version 1.3 and I find it much smoother then go launcher. Very smooth and works fine for me.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I have ADW on unrooted KF and all you have to do to sideload Is download the apk and you can install it on the Fire. And for me I use adw version 1.3 and I find it much smoother then go launcher. Very smooth and works fine for me.

glad to hear it works on unrooted.

has anyone tried this ICS launcher?

Kindle Fire Ice Cream Sandwich Launcher - YouTube

I havent really used launchers and dont know what i should be looking for? does this ICS launcher seem like it would run smooth?

sidenote: with a launcher installed, can we use live wallpapers and will it run smooth. no choppiness?

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the isc ice cream launcher and now the go launcher I see no differ exe between the two. Right now I'm on the to launcher with the live wallpaper hack and no choppiness I'm on 6.2 rooted.

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been using go launcher since the day I got the fire. I actually got it from getjar. Not rooted here. Loving the Fire!

Sent from I am on Fire!

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so WHOOT! on the ADW Ex working on my Fire!! I can hold off on rooting until there's a real reason besides Android Marketplace, which with the EASY sideloading via rootexplorer and email from my phone, I'm not really to worried about it ATM... (Gimme some custom Roms and BT, then I'll be the root wizard again... ;) )

Now, anyone figure out how to set, and keep wallpapers?? (non root anyway?) I've gotten it to set a wallpaper, but as soon as I turn the screen off and back on, it just goes back to the lame-o Kindle WP's... I would rather have a black screen than most of those...

UPDATE: Found this video, first post from Google... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEzaqW4ksU DL link is in the description for the app he uses...

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel230

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress