[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hi thanks for the reply, yea ive got everything running i flashed an incorrect pit file and the efs needs to be repaired odin wont flash official roms ive downloaded all of the opt versions across the net every version flash fail i tried downloading the pit files on the net to do with the phone and i guess no pass

I am honestly not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

Coolsingh Chabra

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
ok i am almost there!!! but there is a problem! on the version of ODIN3 that i down loaded i do not have a box that says PDA!!! which one do i pick? the options i have are BL, AP, CP or CSC
Please help!

Select AP and put the downloaded firmware in it and flash it

Last edited by a moderator:

mocsab

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 (TMOBILE - G920T) I have used Odin tons of times before - but I wanted to go to stock - so I used Odin 3.10.6 and put the stock tar in the AP slot -

When I clicked start - it ran thru a few lines and then stopped - it looked like it was still working but nothing was happening. THis went on for five minutes - I finally pulled the plug - and was able to reboot into TWRP, where I restored a nandroid.

This has never happened to me before - I have Debugging enabled on my phone - I am using the latest version of ODIN but nothing happens.

any suggestions?

cpoole2015

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I need help. I know close to nothing compared to most. I was trying to access deleted contacts etc. but it said I needed to root my phone first. I followed the steps and now it's not doing anything. I used Odin. Just a waiting game.
Please someone help. My ex went crazy and has deleted things throughout my phone and has been spying on me through that phone. It's a galaxy samsung S5 sport

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I need help. I know close to nothing compared to most. I was trying to access deleted contacts etc. but it said I needed to root my phone first. I followed the steps and now it's not doing anything. I used Odin. Just a waiting game.
Please someone help. My ex went crazy and has deleted things throughout my phone and has been spying on me through that phone. It's a galaxy samsung S5 sport

Welcome to the forums. The guide above is mainly for reflashing stock ROMs, although gaining root access can sometimes be used with Odin. To recover deleted contacts, root access would have most likely been needed before the deletions happened. If you think your ex has been spying on you, I would suggest talking with your carrier about it. They may have some options to help. If it were me, I would get a different phone and change the passwords on my Google accounts.

BNuin

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Goodmorning, I'm using Jodin on a Mac. Made recovery of the PIT file possible by unloading the remaining KIES files. I have the Samsung Advance in recovery mode, the md5 file in PDA. When I press start the message is:

/usr/bin/heimdallDevice Removed
Device Not Detected
Device Connected

And the Green Pass message is there but way to quick to have loaded the flash file. And nothing did happen still on 2.3.6.
Any suggestions here?

wtf187

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 sch-i545 and I'm furious I can't root. Can anyone help I've tried 1 click root and king root and nothing works ...am I stuck with this problem. ..I miss my s3 please help

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez