Android 4.0.3 for Nexus S i9020A

raamkum

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Everybody who have i9020T version of Nexus S are enjoying ICS. When will i9020A version get ICS. The ICS update which was released on December 16th was totally for T mobile version and not AT&T version.

I have unlocked Nexus S but AT&T band phone. If I install the tmobile version on this phone is get Signature verfication failed...

Has anybody fixed this issue?

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have an unlocked bootloader you can supposedly flash the i9020t ROM and then an i9020a radio and it will work. If you want to stay official though, you're just going to have to sit tight until Google gets around to releasing an update package for your specific phone model.

raamkum

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you have an unlocked bootloader you can supposedly flash the i9020t ROM and then an i9020a radio and it will work. If you want to stay official though, you're just going to have to sit tight until Google gets around to releasing an update package for your specific phone model.

Does this mean I will have root the phone to get the ICS immediately?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much, but you won't be on the official update path anymore if you do that, which means flashing full system images to update in the future, which means you'll be wiping your phone again. I dunno, it seems like a lot of trouble to go to considering I doubt official ICS will take long, especially if you're not big on flashing ROMs and all the things that go along with it.

It's certainly doable, but just be aware of what you're getting into. It's a daunting process for someone who hasn't done it before.

raamkum

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much, but you won't be on the official update path anymore if you do that, which means flashing full system images to update in the future, which means you'll be wiping your phone again. I dunno, it seems like a lot of trouble to go to considering I doubt official ICS will take long, especially if you're not big on flashing ROMs and all the things that go along with it.

It's certainly doable, but just be aware of what you're getting into. It's a daunting process for someone who hasn't done it before.

I'll just wait for it come rather than going through all this process. I am happy with Gingerbread 2.3.6 :)

Thanks mate!

PS: I think Google has stopped rolling out updates for ICS. According to Engadget! :(

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
PS: I think Google has stopped rolling out updates for ICS. According to Engadget! :(
Yeah, I read that too. Works fine on my NS, but if some are having issues, better safe than sorry, I suppose. Anyway, 2.3.6 is still awesome, so better to stick with what you know works than get an update before it's ready, eh?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non