My GS7 Is Still Waiting for OTA Update to 8.0 Oreo

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
For several years, my unlocked Samsung GS7 (AT&T version) has been operating on the Cricket mobile phone service. The only irritant has been that my phone has never received the OTA update to Android 8.0 Oreo, which was released in 2018. I've tried numerous times to get the OTA update, but the response is always "your current software is up to date;" seems I'm stuck on Android 7.0 Nougat. I also tried updating via Smart Switch, but the results are the same.

Any ideas about other ways to get my GS7 updated to Oreo? I don't want to root my phone and update via Odin.
I'm using Cricket phone service, but I still have an old AT&T nano sim card that I've thought about inserting into my phone and pulsing the OTA update from AT&T. Could this work or would this cause more problems? TIA

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My thanks to both of you. Will look more closely at the Odin solution. I had assumed I need to be rooted, which sounds like it's not required. Much appreciated!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My thanks to both of you. Will look more closely at the Odin solution. I had assumed I need to be rooted, which sounds like it's not required. Much appreciated!
No need to root , odin is official samsung firmware tool , I can get my guide to help you but recommend watching few youtube video before you start and when your ready I can give my guides .