hide bloatware more easy with ICS?

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If I understand correctly, ICS allows you to stack icons/apps on top of each other such that they create a single "Folder" or stack of some sort.

So, does this feature also allow us to consolidate the Verizon bloatware into a single stack?

That would be great if true.

Regardless, I'm hoping that my Stratosphere gets ICS.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
You can only create folders on one of your home screens. You cannot create folders in your app drawer. So technically, you could create a folder on your home screen and put all the VZ apps in it, but they would still be in the app drawer where you cannot create a folder.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The thing ICS allows you to do is stop baked-in apps from showing up in your app list or running. You can do this from System Settings -> Apps -> All (the last tab, you may have to scroll the tab bar to see it). From there, just find the app, and tap the Disable button. Haven't had a reason to try it myself (Nexus S, yay!), but that's the theory, anyway. Presuming the carriers don't find a way to disable the Disable feature, too. :rolleyes:

android345

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
No point in putting them on the homescreen anyways, and there are no folders in the app drawer. The carriers may disable the disable button, so its hardly an improvement over GB.