I'm tired of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Robar

Banned
Jul 5, 2022
Visit site
I have a Blu V91 and I do not believe for 1 minute it has even 3/4 of the features I've read it has or people claim to use.
Here is exactly what I'm talking about.

Where are all the features and whatever it's supposed to have..it doesn't have a calculator, it has no reminders, no calendar no alarm.

Gmail is 100% impossible to use on a mobile phone, Gmail on a mobile phone has no option to compose or reply, in fact when gmail is opened it is impossible to know what section of it you're even looking at.

I've seen people mention something about background pictures (Like a desktop background for a computer) it has no such thing.

There are no way to move around icons on the face, of the phone. You cannot remove icons either.

There are no settings for anything in this phone.

What is with people saying this phone has 5 camera's? I can see 5 things on the back but the phone only uses a single one..You press camera and it either films/takes pictures from the front or back, there is no 5 cameras and no options to change to any of the other 4 lenses. Furthermore the video quality taken from the camera is complete garbage, it's all pixelated and it's like watching a VHS tape from the 90's There is no fricken way this phone is taking 1080p video quality. I've even seen and read people making claims the blu-v91 can take 4k video...which is a lie.

On top of all that, Blu claims you can watch movies and listen to music stored in the phone...That is a blatant lie, there is no place to put either, furthermore there is no access to a music or video directory in the phone.

There is also no way to download any pictures from the internet unless the website itself allows that picture to be downloaded. Whenever I try it gives me the option to open the website by showing VISIT website.

You cannot transfer files to and from the phone to and from a computer, The computer sees the phone connected, but there is nothing there when the phone icon is clicked on from the computer.

I have taken pictures with the camera that are put somewhere in the phone that I cannot find Pressing the gallery on the camera shows those pictures are no there.

I'm so tired of companies that put out a product and then hide a lot of what the product can do from the customer. To further instigate problems, there are no instructions on how to use half the features in a product.

When a companies releases a product there needs to be a federal mandate forcing them to not only let the consumer know every single thing that is in their device, explain how to access it, as well as give an example use on it being used and why anyone would ever use that feature...PEOPLE AND COMPANIES NEED TO STOP ASSUMING PEOPLE KNOW SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE IT'S 2022. People are not mind readers.

Don't assume the person you're talking to knows wtf swipe up means. You need to first ask that person if they are aware that swiping is a thing...If a phone can have multiple things open in it then why is there no way to close a single window?

As it stands now you either close all of them at once, or do not open more than one at a time.. It's stupid how the X closes all the windows at once and it's even dumber how no mobile device allows the user to just close one window.

I have many more complaints about this phone

Mike Robar

Banned
Jul 5, 2022
Visit site
What's with requiring a degree in computer science to use a phone?

I Myself never having had a phone up until 8 months ago, have my own share of seriously annoying issues with what apparently are supposed to be easy things to do.

I'm really tired of companies not being federally mandated to not only tell the user every option that exists in a device, but how to access it and also giving an example of it being used, as well as an explanation as to why anyone would ever even use said option.

What's with people actually believing it's ok to hide an option from a user, and then pretty much telling the user it's thier fault for not knowing about an option they find out exists 3-5 months AFTER they get their device. People cannot be serious.

Because I don't even have the basic phone knowledge I have extreme trouble when It comes to things. Example: Because I didn't even know Swiping up was a thing, for the past 4 years (Using someone elses phone) I would never open more than a single thing on a phone. And any time I wanted to do something different, I would close that window by the X at the bottom, and start over.

Even after reading through this forum, I am seeing things that are frustrating me beyond belief..What is an app drawer? That isn't explained so Am I supposed to know what that is?

Whenever I ask how to do something I either get a circular answer or I get told "You have to be trolling" because people I talk to don't see how anyone could not know the things I'm asking about...

So yeah, companies need to be federally mandated to explain every option they put into their devices, including fundamentals and universal use of the device, along with instructions on exactly how to access each option, and an explanation as it's use and a demonstration of it being used.

I'm sick and tired of people hiding behind the you can't be serious types of comments. It's infuriating.

Right now I'm in a feud with people who do not understand why Gmail is next to impossible to use on a mobile device. I'll save that for another topic.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: What's with requiring a degree in computer science to use a phone?

An app drawer is where all your app icons are accessible. It is analogous to the "Programmes" section of the windows start menu

I don't know anyrthing about Blu devices, but I do know that samsung provide fairly comprehensive user manuals.

You do have to try and understand though that while you may find it confusing having never interacted with a smartphone, it can be quite difficult at times as an enthusiast to understand that you can't grasp basic things that we take for granted to the point that explaining them would feel patronising.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central. Phones are like any piece of computer technology in that it takes time to get to know them. While there are indeed tutorials for Android it would be impractical for instruction to be included on how to use every capability a mobile phone offers. ...and IMO something companies woukd charge extra for.

You can find MANY many reaources on the web and via YouTube. I haven't tried this particular search but I imagine if you went to YouTube and searched for, say, Android navigation there'd be some hits on Android swipe navigation and button navigation.

I KNOW it can be frustrating and may even feel overwhelming as I work in IT support but I'd say be patient and take time to get to know your device via the web, these forums, and YouTube. I have a feeling you'll not only get more out of your device but you'll also get to be part of this amazing community of Android enthusiasts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

@Mike Robar

You already have a thread here no need to make new ones , I've deleted the others to avoid parallel discussion

Mike Robar

Banned
Jul 5, 2022
Visit site

This is exactly what i'm talking about, People replying are 100% delusional. Samsung does not have Comprehensive user manuals it has vague info that expects the reader to already have basic understanding of wording and terminology I DO NOT HAVE. I wind up spending more time asking what people are talking about and having them break down the lingo and terminology.

Half the things I posted HAVE NO EXPLANATION, they all start assuming the viewer has basic understanding and knowledge, or words, phrase and basic navigation knowledge I Simply DO NOT HAVE so these so called help pieces don't help me at all..and instead make me more infuriated at the utter level of stupidity of them. How can people seriously try to say it's user manual when it jumps into things without going over the basics of how it even got to a screen or option.

Saying go to settings then swipe IS NOT HELP, you have to assume the reader has no clue about anything being said and first explain what swiping is and then show them exactly WHERE THE DAMN SETTINGS EVEN ARE.

How do people not understand not including every step of the way and detailed explanations about user interface and icons.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

This is exactly what i'm talking about, People replying are 100% delusional. Samsung does not have Comprehensive user manuals it has vague info that expects the reader to already have basic understanding of wording and terminology I DO NOT HAVE. I wind up spending more time asking what people are talking about and having them break down the lingo and terminology.

Half the things I posted HAVE NO EXPLANATION, they all start assuming the viewer has basic understanding and knowledge, or words, phrase and basic navigation knowledge I Simply DO NOT HAVE so these so called help pieces don't help me at all..and instead make me more infuriated at the utter level of stupidity of them. How can people seriously try to say it's user manual when it jumps into things without going over the basics of how it even got to a screen or option.

Saying go to settings then swipe IS NOT HELP, you have to assume the reader has no clue about anything being said and first explain what swiping is and then show them exactly WHERE THE DAMN SETTINGS EVEN ARE.

How do people not understand not including every step of the way and detailed explanations about user interface and icons.
Mike calm down and go over whats being said here , we are trying point you in the right direction

Mike Robar

Banned
Jul 5, 2022
Visit site

An app drawer is where all your app icons are accessible. It is analogous to the "Programmes" section of the windows start menu

I don't know anyrthing about Blu devices, but I do know that samsung provide fairly comprehensive user manuals.

You do have to try and understand though that while you may find it confusing having never interacted with a smartphone, it can be quite difficult at times as an enthusiast to understand that you can't grasp basic things that we take for granted to the point that explaining them would feel patronising.

That's because it is patronizing.
See this is what pisses me off about company and people...they spend more time trying to explain everything away and put blame on the user and focus on telling the user how do you not know this instead of just making the damn user video by making it from the view point the viewer knows absolutely nothing about anything.

Why can't people and companies get that concept through their head.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

That's because it is patronizing.
See this is what pisses me off about company and people...they spend more time trying to explain everything away and put blame on the user and focus on telling the user how do you not know this instead of just making the damn user video by making it from the view point the viewer knows absolutely nothing about anything.

Why can't people and companies get that concept through their head.
Samsung does have user manual built into their settings menu , but go over the video and guidelines like mentioned earlier

This a screenshot of Samsung with user manual Screenshot_20220705-105123_Settings.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You're calling me delusional? Can you please take a breath and understand that we are an independent community of enthusiasts who are trying to help?

Have you looked at my guide yet that I previously linked (and put a LOT of my own time into, without any compensation whatsoever)?

Mike Robar

Banned
Jul 5, 2022
Visit site

Mike calm down and go over whats being said here , we are trying point you in the right direction

It's trolls like that are what pisses me off about company and people...they spend more time trying to explain everything away and put blame on the user and focus on telling the user how do you not know this instead of just making the damn user video by making it from the view point the viewer knows absolutely nothing about anything.

Why can't people and companies get that concept through their head JUST MAKE A DAMN TUTORIAL FROM THE POINT OF VIEW THE READER/VIEWER KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING.

If a company has product with all sorts of features in it..then it's their responsibility to not only make sure the consumer knows all of it, but also how to access and use it, and that is something only the company can do.

Stop assuming someone who gets a product knows anything about it..and stop putting garbage manuals that don't explain how to actually use the features.

Let me give a little except about how bad the user manuals for things are, the bluv91 user manual shows the Google search bar itself is the notification bar...Really?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

It's trolls like that are what pisses me off about company and people...they spend more time trying to explain everything away and put blame on the user and focus on telling the user how do you not know this instead of just making the damn user video by making it from the view point the viewer knows absolutely nothing about anything.

Why can't people and companies get that concept through their head JUST MAKE A DAMN TUTORIAL FROM THE POINT OF VIEW THE READER/VIEWER KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING.

If a company has product with all sorts of features in it..then it's their responsibility to not only make sure the consumer knows all of it, but also how to access and use it, and that is something only the company can do.

Stop assuming someone who gets a product knows anything about it..and stop putting garbage manuals that don't explain how to actually use the features.

Let me give a little except about how bad the user manuals for things are, the bluv91 user manual shows the Google search bar itself is the notification bar...Really?
And we are trying to help you , just calm down go over some videos that I posted and have further questions just ask , we doing the best to help you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, closing this thread. These forums are not meant to be a place to spew anger and venom. We've been trying to help, but your agenda seems to be to vent. I get it. Just don't do it here. We're here to help, not to get yelled at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201