ICS & Galaxy S2

paingiver

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
hey there!

any news on ICS for the galaxy S2? i believe they have taken a lot of time to get it out there, and still waiting. any news on when is it going to hit the internecs for download?

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I will be SHOCKED if Sprint gets the ICS to the Epic 4G Touch in April. They are SO slow. I am hoping we get the ICS based ROM CM9 by then. The crew at CM get it right. They really understand what users want IMHO. Sprint just drags their feet and adds crappy bloatware. Come on CM Team. Bring the love to the Epic 4G Touch!

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Whats the big whoop about ICS? I have a Theme on my launcher that looks like it but idk what the real update is gonna do.

lots of changes under the hood, APIs, frameworks, etc (wonder why the new Chrome for Android only runs on ICS? that'S right, it makes use of the ICS GPU acceleration, and other APIs), etc.

The new look of ICS exists for two reasons:

1 - stock Android sorely needed a new, better look
2 - if google hadn't changed the look everyone would have complained ICS was the same as GB, even if all the real changes were under-the-hood.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
2 - if google hadn't changed the look everyone would have complained ICS was the same as GB, even if all the real changes were under-the-hood.

Changes like ICS is not very healthy for the platform and should be avoided if possible, Chrome running only on ICS is prove of that

I think real goal of ICS UI changes is unification, bring identity in to it, in similar way to iOS.... or WM7, J2ME, Windows, GTK, Qt (not sure about sybian or BlackBrry i don't follow those)

Normally Android was do as you like platform (by that i mean it didn't even bring common UI stracture, other then menu button API), that resulted on inconstant UI practices, some app didn't even change after bringing them from iOS :p Now ICS bring common UI structure things like action bar and tab element.

But you want to know real real reason behind ICS? Is to bring Honeycomb to smaller devices, having 2 different systems that run same applications is not healthy either

Last edited:

wastegate

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I just read on the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket page on FB that ICS is being released on March 1. Anyone else read anything about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699