How to stop using browser app too long ?

kwui

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
So, I have bad habit, in morning, I turn off alarm, and turn on phone going in browser, reading complete random s** I never cared about on reddit or similar topics, or when I read some news, I get intrigued (like, hey, they actually did what ? need to check more, research.. ), and then I spend 3-6 hours in bed that way. I'm not actually lazy, I can get up, but feel tired, and feel comfortable browsing. I actually work very hard through the day, I'm programmer, and thus, I can't disable some websites as they may provide some information I need to check.

It's mainly opera browser. I already gave up on social networks, I'm not checking youtube in bed ofc, just general news, hacker news etc...

But issue is, that I can't just disable browser on timer, because when I'm going thru the day, I need sometimes to browse for some info, as I'm programmer, so thus, I make heavy use, in order to research some issue.

I'm also sometimes (when I have time to spare, commute etc), watch anime in browser, so if I set up timer, then I can't finish watching it. I know I need to give myself breaks, and I do, but even though I have self control through the day, I just lose it when I'm in bed.

But I also need to be up to date as programmer on hacker news, but then it often spiral me in research more about topic (so it isn't even one website), I just got that programmer habit of throughout research and I can't stop researching. ( so this is different type of doom scrolling, where content is not served, but my interest is piqued).
I don't know, maybe it's good thing, to be interested. But when I get up, I lose all that interest, and ofc I won't research those topics if not really something interesting. Like, on PC, I mostly keep research to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos