Since ICS can't edit repeat events in calendar

lisajmoore

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I've scoured the internet for info on the problem I'm having but can't find an exact match so thought I'd post here to see if I can get some help..

Ever since I upgraded to ICS my calendar has been acting quirky. When I try to edit one instance of a recurring event (ie: add info to the event name) two things happen: 1) All instances other than the one I edited disappear (I have clearly said to edit only the one instance), and 2) my calendar stops syncing.

Any help??

RaV Dav

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed the same setting repeats problem for some time since I used this frequently..probably also when I upgraded to ICS...Nothing has changed with JB & i'm up to 4.2.2 on that.

Nobody offers any solution or has posted this as an issue except u! I can't believe it's only us 2 that use this feature?! There appears no option but to set it via accessing ur calendar thru a web browser & individually editing the entries. A bloody inconvenience!

I am going to try other calendar apps to see if they offer it. Google calendar would be perfect if it STILL had this feature. I don't understand why they would take a feature like this away?!

Incidentally, since JB, the calendar will refuse to sync, even from a fresh formatted OS because it doesn't install the calendar storage module. The only way I was able to fix this was by downloading a Titanium Backup file for this that someone had posted, nothing else worked. Now, every upgrade I do, I still have to restore this module from the backup. I'm not sure why this is the case since this problem is not widespread looking online.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about this issue since I don't use ICS, but take a look at Calengoo in the Play Store. It is a fantastic calendar and task app that you can customize greatly. It has a repeat events selection. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress