Problem adding songs to my Tipo!

Evangelia37

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I have owned my Sony Xperia Tipo (ST21i) for two years now. It worked fine until I started facing this problem about a week ago. I had added 195 songs to my phone, out of which 118 were stored in the external SD card. Last week I added two more songs to my phone using the PC Companion. Occassionally when you tap on a song or on the Shuffle button the song plays immediately. However, after I added those two songs, when I tapped on one of them to check them out, instead of playing immediately, all I saw was "Loading…". The problem is instantly solved when I delete the new songs, but it's still annoying how I can't add any more songs because of this minor issue. I only managed to add one song without problems, but it still isn't normal having to wait until the songs load. There's like four other songs that I want to add!
I was wondering if repairing the phone using the Sony PC Companion would help, but it's difficult to back up everything before repairing since there's a chance I'll lose my data. What should I do to fix this problem? Is there probably a limit in the file size or something that causes it?

[UPDATE] I repaired my phone with Sony PC Companion, but the problem wasn't solved.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How much internal storage do you have left? I suspect that phone doesn't have much internal storage to begin with, and it might be behaving due to being almost full.

Evangelia37

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-07-28-14-28-56.pngScreenshot_2015-07-28-14-28-56.pngScreenshot_2015-07-28-14-29-03.png

The phone's language is not set to English, so:
The first screenshot is the phone's memory for apps. Sony has divided the phone into two drives, and some apps can be moved to the internal storage.
The second is the internal storage, while the third is the SD card.

is apps
is images and videos
is music. As you can see, I have used 606 MB in music in the internal storage and 0,88 GB in the external storage.
is downloads
Finally, is the available space.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-28-14-28-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-28-14-28-37.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but your posted images are a bit confusing. I think you may have posted the same image twice--the first two seem identical, and I'm assuming they're showing the "Internal SD." It looks like the Internal SD has 2.15 GB of total space, and it's about half full. But I also see an additional Attached Image on your post (that isn't actually embedded in the main body of the post) that I think is App Storage partition, which shows a total of 754 MB, of which only 133 MB is free. If this is where you're adding the songs, I think that may be causing a problem. 133 MB of free space is pretty low for that App Storage partition, so even though adding a few songs may only take up about 10 MB or so of space, it might cross some threshold set up by the system that leads to the problem you're facing.

Make sure the songs you add go either to the "Internal SD" or the physical microSD card.

Evangelia37

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why one of my pictures were posted twice. But the 754 MB memory is only used by apps, and no files are added to it. Most of it is used by system apps such as Facebook and Google+, so it's normal that only 133 MB is free.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The App Storage partition is intended for app installation, but data created by those apps may still be saved to that partition, unless the app is designed to save data to the SD (either the Internal SD or the External microSD card). So it's still possible that those music files might be going to the App Storage partition instead of one of the SDs--you've checked to make sure, right?

Evangelia37

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Even if there's not enough space in the internal memory, that's what microSD cards are for. I'm not sure if that's the problem. Ever since I repaired the software, the app memory is in a much better condition than before (before the reset there was only 50 MB left).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even if there's not enough space in the internal memory, that's what microSD cards are for.

But if the music files were being placed in internal storage rather than the microSD card, either by you or by the app, then it won't automatically go to the microSD card instead. You have to make sure the files are going to the microSD card.

Hope you aren't having any further problems!

Evangelia37

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there's such a problem, because I can access both the internal memory and the external memory in my computer. I assume that the problem is caused by one of my apps since I tried adding the songs again after I had reinstalled all my apps and updated all my system apps (repairing the software didn't erase the songs I had stored).