The keyboard problem.

Yesphone132

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Well firstly, i have a Galaxy On7 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) and the problem is the keyboard doesn't show up. I tried to reboot but i didn't know how to reboot. And because of the keyboard problem i can't unlock my phone. I even tried safe mode but that didn't work either and im currently typing on PC to get help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the keyboard app has been inadvertently disabled, which can make it difficult to sign into your phone. You can try connecting a USB keyboard to the phone via OTG adapter.

As you probably know, that's an extremely old phone, and it's fairly vulnerable to security flaws. It's not advisable to use it as your daily driver, especially for sensitive activities like banking.

Yesphone132

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Well firstly, i have a Galaxy On7 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) and the problem is the keyboard doesn't show up. I tried to reboot but i didn't know how to reboot. And because of the keyboard problem i can't unlock my phone. I even tried safe mode but that didn't work either and im currently typing on PC to get help.

Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the keyboard app has been inadvertently disabled, which can make it difficult to sign into your phone. You can try connecting a USB keyboard to the phone via OTG adapter.

As you probably know, that's an extremely old phone, and it's fairly vulnerable to security flaws. It's not advisable to use it as your daily driver, especially for sensitive activities like banking.
Well OTG Adapters is not sale in my country :( resetting maybe delete the password but my whole files could be gone . But i don't care about my files i just want my phone back :( i wonder how to reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What country are you in? Are you unable to order anything from Amazon? Or possibly something like AliExpress (although I'd be more cautious about the quality of items from them)?