How to reverse the settings (CP?) on android jelly bean?

i4fun

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello android geniuses at large,

I have an unlocked Samsung galaxy SII phone used on Fido (Canadian Telco) network, with Android Jellybean. When I am traveling, I always use the local SIM card to avoid roaming charges, and it has been working great.

Until now. :(. I just came back from a trip to Romania, while I was there, I went to Vodafone store and got a SIM card with a good data and voice plan. The sales guy ran some code on my phone (he did it so quick I couldn't catch what exactly he did) saying it was required mandatory by the Romanian government. I just remember I saw some green android icons specifying the changes on the screen. My phone worked on the SIM, on both mobile data and Wi-Fi while I was in Romania.

Today, after I landed in Toronto and put back my Fido SIM card, a strange thing happened, the mobile data no longer works for me, the icon is just not there. I have done the reboot, power off, and ticking the boxes of the mobile data and data roaming in mobile networks settings multiple times, all to no avail.

So I think for certain the settings Vodafone Romania did were the culprit. Since it was done through running some code, I have no idea how to view what changes had been made because they are not visible through the regular settings menu. But I hope it's something rather simple to view and reverse?

Anyway, my phone is now handicapped with Wi-Fi only data access, I am desperate, please help!!!

Thanks in advance.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello android geniuses at large,

I have an unlocked Samsung galaxy SII phone used on Fido (Canadian Telco) network, with Android Jellybean. When I am traveling, I always use the local SIM card to avoid roaming charges, and it has been working great.

Until now. :(. I just came back from a trip to Romania, while I was there, I went to Vodafone store and got a SIM card with a good data and voice plan. The sales guy ran some code on my phone (he did it so quick I couldn't catch what exactly he did) saying it was required mandatory by the Romanian government. I just remember I saw some green android icons specifying the changes on the screen. My phone worked on the SIM, on both mobile data and Wi-Fi while I was in Romania.

Today, after I landed in Toronto and put back my Fido SIM card, a strange thing happened, the mobile data no longer works for me, the icon is just not there. I have done the reboot, power off, and ticking the boxes of the mobile data and data roaming in mobile networks settings multiple times, all to no avail.

So I think for certain the settings Vodafone Romania did were the culprit. Since it was done through running some code, I have no idea how to view what changes had been made because they are not visible through the regular settings menu. But I hope it's something rather simple to view and reverse?

Anyway, my phone is now handicapped with Wi-Fi only data access, I am desperate, please help!!!

Thanks in advance.
I am going to make a very quick stab at this before I go to work and say the guy at Vodaphone had to change the APN # you will need to change it back to an APN that will work on your network. I don't know how to do it on your phone but may someone will come along that does. I would take it in to a corp store for your network or call your network tech support.

i4fun

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I have called my network support, we compared the settings one by one on the APN settings, everything was correct, so it's not APN related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress