People data does not sync skype photos

Miguel Velez

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a nexus 4 running 4.2.2. I did a factory reset because the WiFi was dropping for no reason. It seems that it has been fixed, but now in the people 's apply Skype contacts' photos are not synced. In see the default gray picture instead of their Skype picture. Before the factory reset, I will add a contact in Skype and their entire info, including their photo, would sync.

Any ideas. Thanks!!

Miguel Velez

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes! I see them on my PC, I see them on the app in the Nexus 4, but not on the People app. I also have a Nexus 7 and the Peoples app show the skype pictures.

Thanks!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
By People app I assume you are referring to the stock Android contact list. Did you make sure it is syncing? Force a manual sync? Do you see them in your contacts list in gmail on line?

Miguel Velez

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
By People app I assume you are referring to the stock Android contact list. Did you make sure it is syncing? Force a manual sync? Do you see them in your contacts list in gmail on line?

Yes, I mean the stock people app. I actually do not see the Skype contacts in my gmail contacts online, but I have a nexus 7 that I have not reset and the Skype photos are in the peoples app.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
People Sync has stopped completely for me on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 around 8th July.

Separately(?) turning on Skype contact sync removed the contact pictures in the Android contacts of all the contacts that were also in Skype contacts. Turning it off hasn't brought them back.