How do I change the text message settings?
So I just got a new phone last weekend, and I'm quite unfamiliar with Android 4 (4.1.2 is my version), having upgraded from a 3 year old Android 2. I'm currently texting a friend and have noticed that when I receive a notification for a new text, although the text symbol appears at the top of the phone, no vibration is made (I currently have my phone on vibrate/silent). It vibrates perfectly well when other notifications are received.
How do I change these notification settings/SMS settings?
- 09-28-2013, 04:24 PM #2
- 09-28-2013, 09:24 PM #3
- 09-28-2013, 09:47 PM #5
- 6,816 Posts
Re: How do I change the text message settings?
Regardless of the manufacturer, there will often be options in the Messaging app's menu to adjust Notification sounds/vibrations. I should have made it clear in my previous post that the Settings I'm accessing are the Messaging app's settings, not the System Settings. Can you find a similar menu in your S3's Messaging app?
- 10-13-2013, 06:25 PM #7
- By Paul VAYSSIERE in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-30-2013, 01:30 PM
- By happytrain in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-28-2013, 11:54 PM
- By caseyatc in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 09-28-2013, 05:10 PM
- By lachdanan in forum HTC OneReplies: 6Last Post: 09-28-2013, 02:00 PM
- By jj2339 in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2013, 10:11 AM