Bluetooth Music Sound Quality

dwebb01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I just purchased an LG Optimus F3 (T Mobile). I came from a BlackBerry 9900. This phone is way better, except for the bluetooth audio streaming in my car. The higher pitched treble sounds are often distorted over Bluetooth but not when using headphones. My BlackBerry had good sounding Bluetooth but this Android does not. I've tried searching and I can't seem to find much information in regards to my phone. Other people with issues have Samsungs or HTCs. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
P.S. I've tried deleting the pair, pulling the battery and then re-pairing it but it sounded the same. I have Andorid 4.1.2

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check to see if you have any equalizer settings under System Settings/Sounds. Otherwise, you can install an equalizer app from Google Play. Try Music Volume EQ, but you can also just search for "equalizer" in Google Play.

dwebb01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! I should have mentioned this earlier. I have noticed this distortion on both the stock music player and on PowerAmp. I have tried some EQ settings on PowerAmp and there wasn't much difference as far as distortion goes. I looked under the system settings and I did not see anything for an equalizer there. I also tried find setting to increase the bluetooth stream rate (after googling and finding vague info about a low protocol) but I did not find anything, just a setting to turn music streaming on or off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any other Bluetooth devices active in your car? I wonder if there's any interference causing the distortion. If you have Bluetooth speakers, you could also see if the distortion occurs when you pair those with your phone.

dwebb01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I deleted all of my Bluetooth devices in my car and then re-paired my phone and I still get the distortion. I do not have another way to test it, other than going to WalMart and pairing with a stereo there.

dwebb01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
So out of curiosity today I went to WalMart and paired my phone with a different brand bluetooth stereo, cranked up the treble and could not hear distortion. I tried this on a Pioneer stereo. Then, I tried it on a JVC stereo and the distortion was there, although not quite as bad as in my JVC stereo. What's weird is that my stereo is less than a year old and it worked fine with the BlackBerry.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What model JVC head unit do you have? Maybe you can update the firmware: Software Updates

There are some mentions of improved Bluetooth sound quality for some of the updates.

dwebb01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried the update and it didn't do anything. I then put in a Pioneer stereo and the distortion is not as bad but is still there. What I've noticed is that it is still there, but if I pull the battery on the phone and repair it, no distortion. Then if I shut off the car and come back the distortion is back until I pull the battery again. It has to be a battery pull, I still get distortion if I unpair and repair the phone. For now, I've dropped the EQ at 8khz and turned it up at 16khz which has helped some.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that firmware update would help--bummer! It might be worth contacting LG to let them know about this--who knows, maybe they'll work on a fix in a future system update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa