Remove ODIN ROOT HELP! S4

androidosx

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help me but here is my situation.

I have a Galaxy S4 i337 on MJ9 rooted. During the period of owning this phone I installed Root Uninstaller and removed all the bloatware from the phone. Recently I tried OTA updates but they all fail during the AT&T firmware installer screen. When I turn on the phone the Samsung boot screen comes up with a picture of an unlocked lock and the word "Custom" I tried a factory reset but the phone is still rooted and all the bloatware is still missing with the same boot screen.

So here are my question(s),
How do I go back to complete factory settings?
Is there a way to remove root and return to the regular boot screen?

Questions you might have,
Why would you want to remove root access?
I had root access for 2 months but found really no use besides removing the Bloatware. I can always re-root if I would like.

The phone is functional, why just not leave it?
Yes but I cant receive any important OTA updates unless I go back to stock. Root access is cool but I rather just go back to stock

Device Information
Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T SGH-I337
1337UCUEMJ9
Rooted

Thank you!
Any questions please feel free to ask.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I have a Galaxy S4 i337 on MJ9 rooted. During the period of owning this phone I installed Root Uninstaller and removed all the bloatware from the phone. Recently I tried OTA updates but they all fail during the AT&T firmware installer screen. When I turn on the phone the Samsung boot screen comes up with a picture of an unlocked lock and the word "Custom" I tried a factory reset, but the phone is still rooted and all the bloatware is still missing with the same boot screen.

Is there a way to remove root and return to the regular boot screen?

I had root access for 2 months but found really no use besides removing the Bloatware. I can always re-root if I would like.

Yes but I cant receive any important OTA updates unless I go back to stock. Root access is cool but I rather just go back to stock

Device Information
1337UCUEMJ9
Rooted

Thank you!

If you're still rooted, download Triangle Away from the Play Store and use that to reset the flash counter, that will eliminate the "Custom" warning. Then boot into download mode and flash the stock firmware onto your phone :)
You can get the firmwares from SamMobile, just look for your specific model number.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, just make sure the first box shows up in yellow so you know that you have the latest Samsung drivers

androidosx

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I have a Galaxy S4 i337 on MJ9 rooted. During the period of owning this phone I installed Root Uninstaller and removed all the bloatware from the phone. Recently I tried OTA updates but they all fail during the AT&T firmware installer screen. When I turn on the phone the Samsung boot screen comes up with a picture of an unlocked lock and the word "Custom" I tried a factory reset but the phone is still rooted and all the bloatware is still missing with the same boot screen.

Is there a way to remove root and return to the regular boot screen? **SOLVED**

Device Information
1337UCUEMJ9
Rooted

Thank you!

The boot screen has been fixed.
Unfortunately I have not been able to track down a I337UCEMJ9 Stock firmware anywhere...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The boot screen has been fixed.
Unfortunately I have not been able to track down a I337UCEMJ9 Stock firmware anywhere...

Let me see if I can find one for you :)
Edit: Ok, so I couldn't find it on SamMobile probably since the 4.3 update just released. You could probably flash the 4.2.2 firmware and then update to 4.3, that should unroot it :)

Last edited:

androidosx

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Let me see if I can find one for you :)
Edit: Ok, so I couldn't find it on SamMobile probably since the 4.3 update just released. You could probably flash the 4.2.2 firmware and then update to 4.3, that should unroot it :)

Downgrade did not work.

I guess now I will have to wait till I come across a MJ9 Firmware release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty