Suddenly I can't transfer files!

Adelo009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, today I was transfering some video files from my pc to my S4 (external micro sd) and I pressed cancel because it was taking too long. I erased everything that had transferred so far and everything was good. Later when I had time I tried to make a complete tranfer of the same files.... the result is that copy/paste between pc and S4 does not work anymore. MTP is checked, usb debbuging also. I can erase files from pc in micro sd and internal sd of S4 but I cannot put anything new in S4 both external and internal storage. I've changed ports, drivers etc but nothing, everything looks as it was before but when I try to copy and paste nothing happens either with the right click of the touchpad either with keyboard keys (ctrl + v etc😔 I'm fighting with this several hours and I need some help.
Thank u for ur time and happy new year everybody😃

:-?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
A workaround would be to upload the files to cloud from computer and download from cloud to phone.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Adelo009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank u for ur response, that would be a workaround yes but im trying to figure out why this is happening, i dont think that has to do with S4, i think is my laptop. So what do i do, any thoughts? When i try to paste (and its not happening) there is some kind of flickering on the task bar of my laptop, this is so weird!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank u for ur response, that would be a workaround yes but im trying to figure out why this is happening, i dont think that has to do with S4, i think is my laptop. So what do i do, any thoughts? When i try to paste (and its not happening) there is some kind of flickering on the task bar of my laptop, this is so weird!

I dunno. I haven't tried doing it myself because I don't have a working computer. But this is a pretty common issue so someone should know. Probably just a slow time/day in the forum.

Adelo009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Got fixed by it self, yesterday I did several restarts on the pc with no luck then I turded it off for the night and I wrote the thread from my phone. Today when I turned on the pc everything was working normally. Weird problem, weirder solution😃 Happy new year and thanks for ur replies man.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried just using a card reader plugged into your laptop? (Assuming you don't have a built in reader.) The process is much faster.

Adelo009

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
As I said above my problem mysteriously got fixed, now with ur question yes I've tried in the past with a card reader directly on the pc and yes it is faster the thing is that in general im facing lots of issues with file transfer in S4. Most of the times if I try to transfer more than 2 files they end up corrupted in the phone and unplayable. I have to transfer one at the time, wait a bit and continue. That goes for both internal and sd micro. S4 is my first android cause I've been using iphones and even though I'm very satisfied with the phone and android the file transfer is been a pain the last 6 months that I own it😣

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Got fixed by it self, yesterday I did several restarts on the pc with no luck then I turded it off for the night and I wrote the thread from my phone. Today when I turned on the pc everything was working normally. Weird problem, weirder solution😃 Happy new year and thanks for ur replies man.

Glad it worked out. Try what patruns suggested too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa