Question Unable to click T&Cs buttons on NFS Wanted (Android 12, Surface Duo 2), stuck in that screen

mickael28

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I've got a strange problem where in Surface Duo 2 (Android 12) when launching Need for Speed Most Wanted (installed from Play Store), there's a mandatory page before the game fully starts where one need to agree T&Cs and click 'Continue'

Not sure what's happening, as it's the only app where it's happening, but when I launch that game basically the 3 buttons in T&C page become unresponsive, one cannot click on any of them.

I've tried many things and all without success. In all cases, buttons not clickable.
* Touching in both screens or full screen, portrait and landscape.
* Trying with Pen Stylus, nothing
* Trying with external mouse, all other apps work but this particular one, nothing. Buttons still don't respond.

I've go a Save file from the old phone, which goes under /data/data but as this is Android 12 and the phone is not rooted, I think there's no way to be able to paste a file in that path either.

I tried as well:
* backing up the app in one phone and restoring in Surface Duo 2, either it doesn't copy all save files and just go into the T&Cs screen again, or crashes and fails to start.

I read there was a way to do it by converting the APK to debugable, I did, managed to copy the files but then something gets corrupted when one tries to launch the game it just says: try later or quit.

Any other idea you guys could think of to either be able to somehow click on the T&Cs buttons of an app where they don't seem to respond, or copy a file in /data/data with Android 12 without root?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any 3rd party screen dimmer apps installed? Those have long been known to interfere with onscreen buttons in some situations (it has to do with their ability to draw over other apps).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mickael28

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Do you have any 3rd party screen dimmer apps installed? Those have long been known to interfere with onscreen buttons in some situations (it has to do with their ability to draw over other apps).
Do you know an example/name of one of those 3rd party screen dimmer apps?

I don't recall them but I restored a backup with many apps, so not sure. I'm not launching any explicitly though, it happens even after a new restart of the phone.

I disabled a few which had permissions to 'display over other apps', restarted, but still same behavior :S

mickael28

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't have any of those apps installed it seems.

Reaching out to the devs, although I doubt they'll get back to me as it's been out of support for years, but it seems an issue along these lines.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter