Chrome Bookmarks Widget Displaying Bookmark Folder Icons?

thetofso

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I have the Chrome bookmarks widget on my homescreen, and the first spot is taken up by the "Mobile Bookmarks" folder (see screenshot). This is really annoying. When I first started using the widget, this was not the case, after a while it just appeared there.

Has anyone found a way to avoid this? Maybe even a way to change the order of the bookmarks?

If not, is there any way to remove the "Mobile bookmarks", "Desktop bookmarks" and "Other bookmarks" folders in Chrome so I could just have my bookmarks in one place?

I'm on a Sony Xperia Z1, Android 4.3, not rooted.

Attachments

• rrr.jpg
    rrr.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 30

thetofso

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Found a sort of a workaround, if anyone has the same problem. It's not ideal and you lose the ability to sync Chrome with your desktop, but personally I didn't really need that feature that badly anyway.

1. Open Chrome and go to Settings
2. Under Basics, click on your email address
3. On the bottom of the page, click Disconnect Google Account

Your bookmarks folder should now only contain the "Mobile bookmarks" folder. The widget doesn't display the folder anymore.

Irish Fitz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Why would you sign out completely and loose all the benefits of being logged in just to solve one issue. If you don't want the folder options there just turn sync off in the chrome settings, this will prevent the widget from showing any other bookmarks except your mobile bookmarks.