How to delete all bookmarks at once

frank1492

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome on Moto G Power. I simply want to delete all bookmarks. I tap the three dots, select "bookmarks" and folders appear. I select a folder and all bookmarks appear. How do I select ALL bookmarks for deletion. So far I can only do one at a time. I want to delete EVERY BOOKMARK IN A FOLDER AT ONCE!!! HOW without checking all bookmarks individually. Help appreciated. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you trying to delete the bookmarks from the Mobile Bookmarks folder only, or all bookmarks that may also be syncing with your Chrome on the desktop? If they're syncing from the desktop, then it's much easier to delete multiple bookmarks at a time using Chrome on your PC (or Chromebook) using the Bookmark Manager. You can do a shift-click to easily select a whole range of bookmarks to delete that way.

frank1492

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I thought there would be a way to do it through the app. I want to delete all bookmarks. I assume the link icons on the homepage will remain in place. I tend to generate too many homepage links, thus too many pages. So each time I would add a link to the homepage(s) I would like the option instead to create a bookmark folder to save them there for future reference. Does that make sense? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I thought there would be a way to do it through the app. I want to delete all bookmarks. I assume the link icons on the homepage will remain in place. I tend to generate too many homepage links, thus too many pages. So each time I would add a link to the homepage(s) I would like the option instead to create a bookmark folder to save them there for future reference. Does that make sense? Thanks

You could always clear the app cache and app data from Chrome in Settings>Apps​, but if you have Chrome set to sync from your Google account, those bookmarks that are saved in the cloud will still sync back. So you'd have to turn off the account sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred