Can't turn on or hard reset the phone, android error

brigeatenex

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I was downloading an app from app store (my phone is LG Optimus L9) and suddenly it just displayed a window with only one choice "Restore phone". I didn't do anything for it to show up, it showed up all by itself. I tried press home or back button, I even tried locking the phone, but it didn't work. So I restarted the phone, it took 30 minutes for it to boot and it showed the same problem with the error "com.android.phone process stopped working". After finding no help on the forums I decided to hard reset the phone, but when I do, this appears on screen:
android-recovery-mode.jpg
What should I do? Is my phone long gone or can I still restore it and use it somehow? This is really frustrating. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At that screen, you often need to press buttons in a certain sequence to get to the recovery menu. Try some button presses like the following:

1. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then tap the Volume Up button.
2. Press and hold the Power button, then tap the Volume Up button.

Try different variations of button presses to see if they work. Unfortunately, I can't find any published guide for stock recovery for the Optimus L9. There are more involved guides that require rooting, like this one, but I don't have the expertise to comment on them.