Why can't I update/install apps?

JociuS

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Can't update/install apps

So I have a Huawei Y300. This problem is bugging me for weeks now. I can't install any apps from google play store. Can't update any too. Have enough space. Tried relogging google account - nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
It seems like the app is downloaded but it gets stuck on installing.

JociuS

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't update/install apps

It seems I can't do that. It's always Computing the space. Same is on SD card. It's always computing. Maybe that's the problem?

Filesponge

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

I have always had this kind of problem too with ROMs of all types :-( Yet there's very little I can find about it being a problem.

I have a Huawei Y300-100, which was unusable when first bought, I went through several roms and finally found a great fast one (and the WiFi worked perfectly unlike most on this phone), but . . . . I've installed a stopwatch, Whatsapp messenger, and a simple maze game.
Nothing else installs, no matter what is done, no games, no utilities, even Ebay's own app just says "Xapp not installed".

It's misserable. And yes I always get that 'computing space' meesage too, just sits there no matter how long it's left (10 minutes test has been done)..

I'm not using PlayStore, I use 1Mobile for most things, it's just the same but doesn't need the google account (I do have a google account to though).

Isn't it weird though that there's not 5,000,000,000 other rom users having the same problem? Or maybe they just don't install extra apps?

I've been flashing different roms on different mobiles for years, been a software engineer for longer than I can remember, but on this i've not been able to track down the specific fault :-( A kernal upgrade maybe? But then how do you find one if you can't find a specific rom's kernal updates?

lol, it's all fun and games :-D

Thann Dara

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

So I have a Huawei Y300. This problem is bugging me for weeks now. I can't install any apps from google play store. Can't update any too. Have enough space. Tried relogging google account - nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
It seems like the app is downloaded but it gets stuck on installing.

Alex London

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have one of these phones and had the same problem until I bought a new sandisk 32gb SD card and it worked like a dream I was able to move most apps to sd card and with extra combined memory it was like having a new phone, sandisk memory was twice the cost but have never had a problem since - lesson learnt for me cheap SD cards are cheap for a reason. I found on cheap SD card although the 32gb capacity was showing, due to read/write errors, although I had selected default location for apps to load to SD card they continued to load to onboard memory which is obviously small so quickly filled up. These are great phones for the money if you add 32gb SD, the only issue I have with the phone is I find sound on phone calls so bad I don't even attempt making/receiving calls without a headset, so I have just unlocked bootloader,flash twrp and root with the hope of being able to tweak volumes etc, also hoping to find a decent build of amore updated Android to give the phone a new lease of life. So my advice try different SD card -Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aesthetics1