Remove files from S3 without using touch screen

tt7890

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy s3 screen has broken. It didn't shatter but it does not light up or respond to touch. I know it is on because the light in the upper corner that blinks for notifications works and the soft keys light up when the power/lock button and volume button are pushed. I can not see or save what I have on my phone through Kies because I cannot unlock it. Is there was any other way to unlock a phone like through a website or program without using the touchscreen?

Safetypinz

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think your pretty much out of luck. Any chance your photos are saved on the an external SD card in your phone? I don't believe you can view the contents of the device if you had a pass code.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy s3 screen has broken. It didn't shatter but it does not light up or respond to touch. I know it is on because the light in the upper corner that blinks for notifications works and the soft keys light up when the power/lock button and volume button are pushed. I can not see or save what I have on my phone through Kies because I cannot unlock it. Is there was any other way to unlock a phone like through a website or program without using the touchscreen?

Unless developer mode happens to be checked off then there isn't anything you can do.

I was in the EXACT same situation. I broke the screen and the LCD on my phone. Not sure what advice Brendan would have provided but there was no way for me to access my files on my S4 without being able to use the touch screen....and I have the phone in Developer Mode.

The most obvious solution is to connect the phone to your computer but, and this may just be my ignorance, the phone will not go into drive mode without one selecting the option on the phone itself when it is connected....or...if you had previously set the phone to automatically go into drive mode when connected to a computer. However, that would not get you past the locking issue. My resolution was to have both the screen and LCD replaced by a reputable retailer. Cost $250 but I got the phone back in 30 minutes and now one cannot even tell it was ever dropped. Depending on where you live, I can recommend the place to you. I could flip my S4 for $400-500 if I really wanted but I digress. I wish you luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo