Bluetooth not working after CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM

Akash Malhotra

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM using TWRP recovery. Everything is working fine except for bluetooth. I tried to replace bluetooth.apk file in device root/system/app with some .apk file I found on one of the xda forums. But that didn't work.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Might have to factory reset, since that method is likely to resolve any issues. If you're using a nightly version of CM10.1, be aware that builds not labeled as "stable" have a number of bugs.

abhisheksharma85

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same problem. My Bluetooth and wifi tethering is not working after the ROM installation. How can I activate both of them? In phone > Settings > Phone status > wifi mac address and Bluetooth address is showing nothing. Please help me. I have done it for the first time.
My email id is [email address deleted by moderator]

Abhishek Sharma

Last edited by a moderator:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same problem. My Bluetooth and wifi tethering is not working after the ROM installation. How can I activate both of them? In phone > Settings > Phone status > wifi mac address and Bluetooth address is showing nothing. Please help me. I have done it for the first time.
My email id is [email address deleted by moderator]

Abhishek Sharma

Have you tried turning both on under settings>more settings? (The button under the toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)

WiFi Mac Address and Bluetooth Address entries list as not available when such features are not activated.

abhisheksharma85

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have tried both. My wifi is working but not the wifi tethering. and Bluetooth is not activating at all. I have tried to toggle it but its not working.
I am having Galaxy GT S i9001 Splus. How can I switch to other custom ROM?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have tried both. My wifi is working but not the wifi tethering. and Bluetooth is not activating at all. I have tried to toggle it but its not working.
I am having Galaxy GT S i9001 Splus. How can I switch to other custom ROM?

Huh, it's quite easy to switch custom ROMs. Just make sure you have the required .zip files containing the ROM and gApps for the ROMs version of android. Also, you'll need to wipe data/factory reset the phone prior to flashing different ROMs.