Changing video recording quality

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to change the video resolution when recording on 4.4? I'm using a Moto X if that matters. I'd like to email a video but no matter how I trim the file its too large. Thanks everyone.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Camera app, make sure it's set to the video camera. Then press the Settings button--do you see a selection for Video Quality? Tap it and select SD 480p.

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't swipe left to right while in video. When I hit the video button it goes into recording immediately and offers no swiping options. Maybe there's something I'm missing. Thanks for the suggestion.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is what I see when I use the video camera on my Nexus 5. See the Settings button to the right of the shutter button? If I tap that, I get that arc of options. If I tap the settings icon (the one that looks like switches), I then get the option to change the resolution. Do you see any of that?

Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-33-31.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is what I see when I use the video camera on my Nexus 5. See the Settings button to the right of the shutter button? If I tap that, I get that arc of options. If I tap the settings icon (the one that looks like switches), I then get the option to change the resolution. Do you see any of that?

I don't have a settings button like that either B. Diddy.

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 101296

Unfortunately no I don't see this option on the moto x. I tried all available settings that appear.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, sorry--wish I had an X to fiddle with, but can only rely on my N5. You'd think that the camera app for the N5 and the X would be more or less the same, considering they're both for quintessential Google products. Oh well ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh hey, here's a thought--have you tried going to Hangouts (or whatever Messaging app you have), initiating a text message with your recipient, and tapping the camera icon there? In Hangouts, you should get an option to take a photo or take a video, and I'm pretty sure the video resolution will default to pretty low, since it's intended for a SMS/MMS.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh, sorry--wish I had an X to fiddle with, but can only rely on my N5. You'd think that the camera app for the N5 and the X would be more or less the same, considering they're both for quintessential Google products. Oh well ...

Makes me wonder how you change the photo resolution settings on a Moto. Whatever way that is i would think would also work when in video mode.

Sam12Ash, can you post a screen shot of the video screen?

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Makes me wonder how you change the photo resolution settings on a Moto. Whatever way that is i would think would also work when in video mode.

Sam12Ash, can you post a screen shot of the video screen?

I will once I'm on my computer but its as close to an empty screen as you can get. There's no option screen available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo