Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Moto G dialpad does not load first time after Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update?

Hi folks,

I got Android Kitkat update for Moto G this Friday, here at India ..
    Update went smooth and looks good.

But now the phone dialpad does not load at all the first time I touch the dialpad icon (it brings up a small white panel layout). Pressing the dialpad again second time loads up the new cool dialpad introduced in 4.4.2 kitkat update.

Is this a known issue for Moto G? Does anyone face same issue?
    Kindly let me know how to get this problem resolved..

Thanks in advance,
    Praveen
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Thumbs up Re: Moto G dialpad does not load first time after Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update?

Found a fix here - https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3e494d4f11

It seems to be the "Animator duration scale" set to off causing it. Made it 0.5x, works fine now!

The Kit Kat dialer doesn't open the dial pad by default. It opens to frequent contacts first. But I suppose this would have been the same as 4.4?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Moto G dialpad does not load first time after Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update?

That wasn't his question, though. Glad you found a solution!

Default Re: Moto G dialpad does not load first time after Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update?

I am also facing the same issue. My phone is just 15 days old and came preloaded with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. What is the solution to the issue?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

By default it should work without any issues.

As mentioned earlier, you need to enable Developer options by tapping (tap repeatedly multiple times) Build number in Settings-->About phone.
    Then in Settings-->Developer Options, set Animator duration scale to a non-zero value, I made it 0.5x. The new dial pad is designed to slide and show, so animation duration cannot be zero.

in the developer option.minimum animation scale for all should be atleast 0.5x. this will solve.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

thanks man. it worked!

in the developer option.minimum animation scale for all should be atleast 0.5x. but with 0.5x not worked, again I changed 1.0x and working fine...

Thank you .
    it worked fine

Default Re: Moto G dialpad does not load first time

Can someone help me with this.The first time I try to open the dialler pd,it hows me a blank page.Then again I need to go back and open the dialler pad.
    I tried to open the builder no 7 times,but it says I am already the developer,so then how do i solve this issue

Thumbs up Re: Moto G dialpad does not load first time after Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update?

Thanks Pravin kumar.Your solution to set Animator duration scale at non zero value worked for me.Thanks.