Stop app library downloading on new device
I have several Android devices, all using the same Google Account.
I have recently purchased a new Android phone, however when I set it up, I donít want it to download and install all the apps that are associated with my Google account (like it did automatically on my tablet).
Iíd like to be more selective, and control which apps install on my phone.
Iíd like the current apps installed on my tablet (and old phone) to remain as they are, and still automatically update.
How can I do this?
- 03-05-2014, 07:56 AM #2
- 03-05-2014, 07:56 AM #3
Re: Stop app library downloading on new device
Seems a bit hit and miss if apps automatically download on a fresh install in any case.
DON'T sign in to your Google account on set up, disable "Sync" in settings, then sign in to your Google account and download what you want. I'm pretty sure that when Sync is re-enabled it wont download anything else (if I'm wrong, please feel free to shoot me).
Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app
- By dustrho in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 9Last Post: 03-20-2014, 08:41 AM
- By SlappyMcgee in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 9Last Post: 03-07-2014, 09:35 AM
- By texnotis in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2014, 07:20 AM
- By indievortex in forum Android GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2014, 10:40 AM
- By sylsau in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:05 AM