"Back" gestures like iOS?

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to create a gesture like iOS to swipe from the left side of the screen and pull it to the right to go back a page like on something like chrome?

It's like you're pulling the page back.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to create a gesture like iOS to swipe from the left side of the screen and pull it to the right to go back a page like on something like chrome?

It's like you're pulling the page back.
The Stock Browser on Samsung Devices used to have the Gestures implemented but I just checked on my Note 3 and it seems they removed it.

I'm pretty sure it was implemented on my Galaxy S III, though, at least before the 4.3 update. I never used it, but did try it out a few times. It was in the same part of the browser options as the Full Screen option used to be. They apparently removed it.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
With Android anything is possible if you have a rooted phone and enough development talent. The short answer, though, is no; at least not easily. In the newest Android design guidelines, swiping from the left pulls up the app navigation menu. Individual app developers can choose to disregard that standard, but the trend has been toward the guidelines, not away from them.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
With Android anything is possible if you have a rooted phone and enough development talent. The short answer, though, is no; at least not easily. In the newest Android design guidelines, swiping from the left pulls up the app navigation menu. Individual app developers can choose to disregard that standard, but the trend has been toward the guidelines, not away from them.

You can do both in an app. An app like a browser should not have a menu on the side IMO. Not even Google does that in Chrome.

Neighbor should a media player IMO, as swiping to skip forward and back through tracks makes more sense than bastardizing navigation for a slide out menu. Video player is similar. Book readers, etc.

It depends on the app. In some apps, gesture based navigation makes more sense and is more useful than those slide out menus.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch