Full screen gesture not always responsive since update

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I have full screen gestures at the bottom (i.e. tasks, home, and back). Ever since the update to OneUI 6.0, I noticed the back gesture doesn't always register and I have to swipe it up one or two more times. Why did the update do this to my phone?

Never had this problem before. While it is fairly innocuous, it's enough to drive me nuts. Especially when it instead inputs it as me trying to type in a message box.

I have ensured my screen is as clean as possible and I don't use any screen protector. I am using a Galaxy A23 5G.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It may not be that the OS isn't registering but the app isn't coded properly to respond to it (i.e. Instagram and Snapchat). I switched to 'native' gestures after the update and this very thing drove me nuts, so when they brought back the 'hybrid' version (Samsung's gestures mimicking the old 'buttons'), I started using that instead.

You can also try to increase the 'action' area for the gestures, but you need GoodLock to do that.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
It may not be that the OS isn't registering but the app isn't coded properly to respond to it (i.e. Instagram and Snapchat). I switched to 'native' gestures after the update and this very thing drove me nuts, so when they brought back the 'hybrid' version (Samsung's gestures mimicking the old 'buttons'), I started using that instead.

You can also try to increase the 'action' area for the gestures, but you need GoodLock to do that.
Sorry for the super late response; I honestly kept forgetting. It definitely is not an app-exclusive issue, this happens anywhere regardless of app or screen. What's weird is the task view and home buttons work perfectly fine, but for whatever reason the back button works about 85% of the time. It's very annoying, especially when it doesn't register the first time and my thumb activates a key on the keyboard or something on the screen of the app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have full screen gestures at the bottom (i.e. tasks, home, and back). Ever since the update to OneUI 6.0, I noticed the back gesture doesn't always register and I have to swipe it up one or two more times. Why did the update do this to my phone?

Never had this problem before. While it is fairly innocuous, it's enough to drive me nuts. Especially when it instead inputs it as me trying to type in a message box.

I have ensured my screen is as clean as possible and I don't use any screen protector. I am using a Galaxy A23 5G.
Your using Samsung gestures?
Try clearing cache in recovery
49443a65d63169e07d310ef72be60db1.jpg

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Your using Samsung gestures?
Try clearing cache in recovery
49443a65d63169e07d310ef72be60db1.jpg
My cache clears itself automatically every night.

Observing your screenshot and navigating to it myself, I noticed the sensitivity might be the issue; I tried jacking it up all the way to the right. Perhaps being set lower it was sometimes not registering my input. Strange however that it only affects the bottom-right corner back button and not the other two buttons. Also, I found that if I swipe my thumb the closest to the corner that I can, it works flawlessly. I'm still going to try the higher sensitivity though.