Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quiet mode problems

AT&T LG G2 Kit-Kat update done, and now my Quite Mode does not come on as it should. No problems before the update, anyone else having this issue?

Default Re: Quiet mode problems

Quote Originally Posted by bfuels1993 View Post
    AT&T LG G2 Kit-Kat update done, and now my Quite Mode does not come on as it should. No problems before the update, anyone else having this issue?
    During the time that Quiet Mode is supposed to be activated, when you go into the Quiet Mode settings are you seeing both Turn Quiet mode on now and Set quiet time switch set to ON? What indication, if any, are you seeing in the Status bar and notification panel during that time as well? ^SM
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    During the time that Quiet Mode is supposed to be activated, when you go into the Quiet Mode settings are you seeing both Turn Quiet mode on now and Set quiet time switch set to ON? What indication, if any, are you seeing in the Status bar and notification panel during that time as well? ^SM
    During the time that quite mode is supposed to be activated,turn quite mode on now is not on but the set time and days are set. So it's on from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. If it's 10:05 pm and I pick up the phone it's not on quite like it's supposed to be. The status bar notification is there because I left it on a couple of days and I cleared it on a couple,no change in activation. That's why I figured I would make a post to see if anyone else had any insight. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I am having the exact same issue This only happened after kit kat 4.4 update was installed. Scheduled activation of quiet mode fails to launch.

Posted via Android Central App

(Already posted in other AC thread, but...) I can confirm the same issue. Quiet mode does not enable at scheduled time. Toggling or modifying the schedule will cause it to activate as expected.

D803 model with Bell Canada, started after KitKat OTA. Did a factory reset, but that changed nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Please. Can I have the contact for someone at LG Support? This is a real issue. Quiet Time has been broken by the update.

My G2 is an international version just like it came from Korea. Same issue.

You see last night how I set it but it ignores it and Quiet Mode doesn't turn on.

Don't try to test it out because it will work. You can't schedule it for 2 minutes from now and stare at it because it will work. You have to leave it set and wait for the next day and the next. Live with it and you'll see it won't work.

It comes OUT of Quiet Mode when scheduled, but it can't turn it on.

same problem here. won't come on. LG, cmon.

One solution is to use a 3rd party app. Agent is a great one. It is a much better quiet mode (as well as other very useful modes) app then any phone has built in.