apple music battery drain on galaxy S21

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
hi all. in the last two weeks or so i've noticed my phone getting quite warm and battery not lasting long. i looked under settings and apple music seems to be the problem using 20-30% of the battery. i have done many restarts. i have uninstalled and reinstalled apple music (a huge pain having to redownload tons of music). and i don't know what else to do. i don't know if this is an apple music problem...possibly from a recent update? or is it apple classical music which i installed a month ago? is anyone else having similar problems? do i just need to be patient and wait for an update from apple? thank you!
(unlocked galaxy S21, one UI 5.1, android 13)

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Try also clearing the app cache/data in Settings>Apps for Apple Music. Uninstalling/reinstalling may not be enough, since data can be restored.
oh really? i assumed everything cleared when i uninstalled. so should i clear cache, clear data, uninstall, restart, reinstall? thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
oh really? i assumed everything cleared when i uninstalled. so should i clear cache, clear data, uninstall, restart, reinstall? thank you!
I can't be sure, but I think I've experienced this in the past -- uninstalling a glitchy app and reinstalling it to still find it was still glitchy. But after clearing the app cache/data, it behaved afterwards. I figured this could be due to wonky data being backed up using Google Backup, then being restored when you reinstall the app. I don't think you have to uninstall the app again.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't be sure, but I think I've experienced this in the past -- uninstalling a glitchy app and reinstalling it to still find it was still glitchy. But after clearing the app cache/data, it behaved afterwards. I figured this could be due to wonky data being backed up using Google Backup, then being restored when you reinstall the app. I don't think you have to uninstall the app again.
ok i'm gonna give it a day or two to see if the update helps. if not, i'll destroy the cache and data and reinstall. thank you!!

Reactions: B. Diddy

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
ok i'm gonna give it a day or two to see if the update helps. if not, i'll destroy the cache and data and reinstall. thank you!!
it was still acting up so i emptied the cache and data, uninstalled apple music, restarted the phone, and reinstalled apple music. it's still a bit glitchy. but the battery drain seems to have stopped. i noticed in google play that they haven't updated the app in a few months. and sidenote noticed today that apple music does not support lossless on androids?!? bastards. thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali