Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dayce Manalo
  • 1 Post By ejcrossl
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help with battery drain nexus 5

    My battery drains even the screen is off. Battery consumption said it's the Android OS that is draining the most of it since it's about 75+%. I've uninstalled alot of apps till Android OS is the only one who drains the battery the most. While other remaining apps just consumpt around 1%-5%.. I'm not even using the phone. I fully charged it to 100% at 1am and it's already drained and dead when I woke up.
    tonyr6 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us screenshots of your battery stats when the battery has drained pretty low? Show us the main screen, the graph, and if you see Cell Standby, tap that and show us that screen. If your cell signal is poor, you'll see a lot of "Time without signal," which can cause battery drain because the cell radio is constantly searching for signal.

    Also, have you tried a reboot? Sometimes, if there is a process that is being overactive, a reboot can correct it.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    Are others seeing battery issues in the past month or two?

    I am also seeing battery drain fast. It started in April 2014 and occurs most days. Today was typical, it drained to less than 50% in about 6 hours even though it was not being used. I've started doing a recharge during the day, which is a PITA work around.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    My battery is also draining really fast since the Kit kat update on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. Says screen is the main still, but then it says Android OS, Android System, and Google Play Services are the next three. I don't do much other than scroll facebook once a day and send a couple text. Can't get through a day on a charge since the update. Also Facebook is not working well since the updated. Freezing constantly.
    tonyr6 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ejcrossl View Post
    My battery is also draining really fast since the Kit kat update on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. Says screen is the main still, but then it says Android OS, Android System, and Google Play Services are the next three. I don't do much other than scroll facebook once a day and send a couple text. Can't get through a day on a charge since the update. Also Facebook is not working well since the updated. Freezing constantly.
    Have you tried a cache partition wipe yet? https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f75a168264
    tonyr6 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    The newest Play services update caused wakelock battery drain on my Nexus 5. I did several restarts and that has fixed the issue for now. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset.

    Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us screenshots of your battery stats when the battery has drained pretty low? Show us the main screen, the graph, and if you see Cell Standby, tap that and show us that screen. If your cell signal is poor, you'll see a lot of "Time without signal," which can cause battery drain because the cell radio is constantly searching for signal.

    Also, have you tried a reboot? Sometimes, if there is a process that is being overactive, a reboot can correct it.
    Its not a nexus only issue. Even with other phones which have 4.4.2 out of the box.
    I factory reset my phone(easy coz i only recently bought it), not a single app installed, yet the battery drains about 10-20% every six hours of inactivity

    1.Phone in full range
    2.Phone in flight mode
    None helped.

    Andoid OS takes 75% and will discharge your phone heavily no matter what.
    Note this never happened for any factory reset JB devices.
    Definitely a kitkat issue.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    I am now experiencing the same battery drain issue with my nexus 4. Stats show the Android OS the biggest user of power. Phone will not last a day now and I hardly use it.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Help with battery drain nexus 5

    I just tried it, let's see how it works. Thanks for the link.


    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Have you tried a cache partition wipe yet? https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f75a168264

Similar Threads

  1. HELP PLEASE!!!! Odin Mode, bootloader rp swrev
    By Mario Perez1 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 09:58 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't work anymore (technical issue) help!!
    By Bobert Clark in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 05:51 AM
  3. Htc one m8 Xperia z2 nexus 5
    By chris2707 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 12:29 PM
  4. texting with pics
    By tcseacliff in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
  5. Picture error I need help with
    By Michelle Credle in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions