KitKat 4.4.4 Update GS4 AT&T Email App Issue

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Recently updated. Got message that app had stopped. Called AT&T who remoted into my phone. Cleared cache. Cleared Gmail trash. Appeared to work for a while but the message that the app has stopped is back. Is anyone else on AT&T or any other carrier having this issue? If so, maybe we could log enough calls to get a patch pushed out.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Someone suggested social media as a way to issues with the update to 4.4.4 solved.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

BillAlex

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Email becomes non-responsive (to Android) then stops completely. AT&T doesn't have a fix yet. Neither they nor Samsung could get the app to work using any settings or safe mode. Samsung believes it is a real code problem. Their solution is to go to Best Buy and try a reload or revert back to 4.4.3.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Put tweets @ATTCares out there with break issues resulting from the 4.4.4 update to get them to push out a patch. Call them and log them with AT&T technical support. The more traffic they get by phone and social media the more they will pay attention.

Art Bruzzone

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Same problem. Contacted both ATT and Samsung. Totally clueless. So I first used Kies to backup contacts, and other data. Copy all the Account data including outgoing and incoming information. Then went to Applications and cleared Email Data and Cache, and forced removed the program. Turned off the phone, pulled out the battery. Waited for 2 mins. Turned it on. When I went to Email, I had to re-set up accounts. All works well now. Hope that helps.

tschoene

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Spent hours on the phone this week with att and Samsung. The gained access to my phone remotely and could not fix the issues. Att basically said, sorry and had me call Samsung. Samsung did the same things att did and said they don't have a fix.
How do you revert back to 4.4.3?
My battery is running down faster, email just stops and I can't load new emails or gain access to my old emails. Can't believe there is only a handful of people that are experiencing this problem.

If anyone knows of a fix, please post.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried keeping the cache clear and keeping the trash can clean. The email app closure notification does not happen as often. There has to be a permanent software patch that can be pushed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles